• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Dark Rites

Kungfuyu24

Metanna! Nurunna!
One of the more interesting things I found in the Oracle series was the three components of the Dark Rites: Destruction, Sorrow, and Despair. These three seem to be the darker complement to each Triforce piece: Power, Wisdom, and Courage.

Destruction can be the misuse of Power, or Destruction can be the toppling of Power. Without great Wisdom, we cannot understand why bad things happen so we may feel Sorrow. The lack of Courage easily leads to the path of Despair.

Does anyone feel like the Dark Rites will be seen again?

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
I don't know. I don't have the Oracle games but I've played them. But I would like calling the Dark Rites the Dark Triforce. That maybe be it's next name if it appears again. There is most likely going to be a game where Link gets 2/3 or the normal Triforce (Power, /Courage) while Zelda has Wisdom of course, but Ganon gets the Dark Triforce(or Dark Rites if that is your prefered name for the Dark Rites/Triforce) if it appears again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom