• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Community Competitions Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

But you called me here...
Well, considering that there are a few competitions that are now here on Zelda Dungeon, I thought that I'd make a post that contains the rules for each of the competitions to avoid confusion and to avoid the rules being repeated in each of the new competition threads.

Rules presented by the hosts themselves are ALWAYS rules that apply to their competition. Always check the newest post for new information, if there is any. I will constantly update this thread to further refine the rules regarding the competitions.

The next few sections are divided up into a couple different categories. The "General Rules" section applies to all competitions, as they are accepted as the norm. Then, following the "General Rules" section, there are rules that only apply to the individual competitions that they are listed under.

General Rules

1. No recycled work. -Entries for the competitions must be created within the period of time that is set. For example, if the due date is February 1st, you have from the time that the new thread is created until the due date to make and submit your entries.

2. Must be original work. -Any and all entries must be original and must be made by the person that enters them. For example, you cannot take someone's signature and enter it into the GCC. That is cheating and is not allowed.

3. Get your entries in by the due date. -All entries must be received by the due date and time that the host of the competition posts. Any entries received after the deadline may or may not be posted in the new thread.

4. Follow the subject or theme. -All entries must follow the theme presented by the host. If you don't like the theme, or have a suggestion, make a note of it in your reply to the thread (after some feedback, of course). Or, if you want it to be private, send us a PM.

5. Submit your entries as a PM to the host. -All entries must be received as a PM (or in a rare case, an email). This will protect the privacy of those that enter the competition, and will keep people from seeing the entries before the time has come.

6. Have fun and don't be depressed if you lose. -If you lose, take the advice given in the thread an continue to improve your work. If you do that, you will have a better chance of winning in the next round. And, just have fun with it.

The Graphics Community Competition Rules

Host: Vanessa28 (previously Baysiderulez and Random Person)

1. All general rules apply. -That's why I made a general rules section.

2. All entries must be made with the correct medium. -If Vanessa28 says that it will be a signature, make a signature. If she says that it will be a wallpaper, make a wallpaper. If she makes size dimensions, follow those dimensions. Any entries that don't follow the correct medium or dimensions will be out of the competition.

3. Entries must be made with a computer program. -The Graphics Community Competition is computer art. You may draw the subject in your entry, but the effects must be computer generated. If you want to do something by hand, enter the Random Drawing Contest.

4. Do not vote for yourself. -Voting for yourself is considered cheating, and will not be tolerated. Your vote for yourself will be taken off of the final count.

5. Post feedback. -Everyone loves to receive feedback on their work. Feedback can really improve the art and entries in the future.

The Random Drawing Contest

Host: Random Person

2. All entries must be drawn from scratch. -That's why its called the Random Drawing Contest. Entries can be drawn by hand or with a computer program.

3. Entries may be in color, or in black and white. -You can take your pick. Your style may differ from others, so don't be afraid to do what you want.

4. Post feedback. -Everyone loves to receive feedback on their work. Feedback can really improve the art and entries in the future.

The Music Community Competition

Host: Darknut_Hunter

2. Entries must be submitted through a site like YouTube. -Since the music is not always visual, uploading the entry to YouTube would work the best. But, if you know of another site that you want to upload it to, you may upload it there.

3. Entries may follow any medium. -Since most people don't have an amazing computer program to make the music, it can be done with any program, or camera, or microphone. They may be electronic remixes, orchestral remixes, singing, the originals on an instrument, or whatever. As long as you do it, you can do whatever you wish.

4. Entries may not be original soundtracks or remixed soundtracks made by people like ZREO. -Using these for entries not is not only cheating, but it could also be a copyright infringement. Claiming other's work as your own is illegal.

5. Post feedback. -Everyone loves to receive feedback on their work. Feedback can really improve the art and entries in the future.

The Writing Community Competition

Host: GaroXicon

2. Entries must be longer than 100 words, but cannot be over 300. -The limit is to keep people interested in reading the entry. But, if anyone needs any extension for any reason feel free to ask GaroXicon. He may be willing to stretch it a little, but it won't be very far.

3. Post feedback. -Everyone loves to receive feedback on their work. Feedback can really improve the art and entries in the future.

Consequences

In all rules (except for the feedback one and the have fun one) the consequence of not following the rules is exclusion from the contest. If you break the rules, your entry may or may not be posted.

Serious infraction of the rules will be an automatic ban from the contest for a month. This may seem a little harsh, but its very reasonable. These rules are put in place to keep the contest fair and to follow local laws. I will create a list of those that are banned from the competition in this thread. It will called a black list.

Black List:
None to report.

Prizes

For each contest, there will be a large prize. There is a new awards system in place, each member may have noticed the new tab in their profile labeled awards. An award in the form of a medal will be added to your account and will be visible on your profile page and underneath your avatar in posts. Each award will list the particular competition you have won and will be visible to all members.

Other prizes are to be determined by the host of the competition. Some examples that I've heard from the other hosts are these:

The Graphics Community Competition
Nothing extra yet.

The Random Drawing Contest
The winner on the contest will be featured as the icon of the Zelda Art Lovers group. And will be posted on the Zelda Dungeon DeviantArt Page.

The Music Community Competition
Nothing extra yet.

The Writing Community Competition
Nothing extra yet.

End Notes

These competitions are growing in size each week, and will probably get more intense and involved. When that happens, this thread will be edited to include new rules, or changes to the existing rules.

These rules (as always) are completely subject to change and will be changed if needed. So, don't be alarmed if they are changed.

Please, thank all of the hosts for their hard work and dedication to these competitions. Without them, we wouldn't have these awesome competitions to be a part of!

Thank you for all of your continued support, and please, continue to participate! Thank you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom