• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

the CD-i games

has anyone *actually played them*

i'd say 10 out of 10 people who hate them have never played them

cdilink.jpg
zelda_wog_screen1.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

the controls are the only thing terrible about them. the rest is fairly good..

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I played about an hour of Wand of Gamelon and I can say with full confidence that they are every bit as terrible as people say.

From the controls, to the graphics, to the combat, to the cutscenes, to the freaking 1-Hit KO Ganon battle... They are indeed quite bad. They're good in a this-game-is-so-hilariously-stupid way though.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
If a game controls and plays poorly, has gross buttfart sounding music, muddy visuals, atrocious voice acting, blindingly awful animations, a story that was written by a three year old with a football for a brain, and a final boss about as threatening as a toothpick with the ends snapped off, I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S A BAD GAME.

the graphics are great, and the music is even better. everything but the controls ain't that bad :)

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
The graphics look like they were shat out like some poorly paid SNES background artist, and the music all sounds like generic beats consisting of the systematic popping of several fart bubbles in autotune

JetstreamSam

Harbinger of Chaos
bahahahaha They're the dark, dark past of the Zelda franchise. I just pretend they never existed...maybe they'll go away Dx
Everything about them made me cringe

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Played two of them. They're very poorly made and feel like they were halfassed...but with that said, they aren't too horrible to play. I can think of a couple games in the main series that I consider even worse in the sense that they are just as boring to play, but don't offer the hilarity of the CD-i titles.

i like that mid-90's video game feel

but then again, i was alive then.

I was alive then too, and they were terrible even taking the time period into account.

The graphics ARE awful. Not so much for the way they look, which was mediocre but not the worst in the world, but because it's so hard to make out where you can walk and where you can't etc.

The cutscenes were cringe worthy.

They were pretty bad.

They're bad games, so there's no need for me to play them. I haven't even heard of the CD-i games ever since an issue of GamePro mentioned them concerning the first Smash Bros. game. It wasn't years later I watched all of the cutscenes on Youtube that made me glad to never own a CD-i back in the day.

Only good things I liked about them are the music (despite sounding way too dated nowadays) and the cutscenes being used for Youtube Poop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom