• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Better Game

Which of theses are the best LoZ games

• Phantom Hourglass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spirit Tracks

• Minish Cap

• Total voters

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I am going to buy a Legend of Zelda for my DS and my chooses are Phantom Hourglass, Minsh Cap, and Spirit Tracks so I made this forum so all of the people of ZD can help me. The reason I made this if anyone is wondering is I am asking all the people of ZD which of the three games are the best if them all. I want to be able to get the best one so I can play it and get a good experience with handheld LoZ games. Which of these games are the best I think it may be Phantom Hourglass what do you guys think?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I would go Spirit Tracks. It has some really great puzzles, and the touch-based controls work almost flawlessly. I also think it has the best soundtrack in any Zelda game, not to mention many very unique characters. While the other two are also good Zelda games, I think Spirit Tracks is the best one.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I thought people were going to vote for Phantom Hourglass man there are more voting for the other games then Phantom Hourglass. If only people would decide between Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks so I would know which one to get.

zants follower

underling of the dark god
Definitely ST. It is infinitely better than PH and just a touch better than MC (Probably because it's a real nintendo game). The environments while off the boat in PH were nice, but while "sailing" (it's a steamboat now), all you get is blue water with the (very) occasional enemy. The water worked in WW because of the texture and waves (not to mention day and night), even random storms sometimes would pop up to make the sailing more interesting. In PH, you lose that with flat, boring water, loss of interesting, fun enemies, and a tiny map that gets rid of the feeling of exploration. The puzzles are almost always completely given away by signs that are meant to act as hints, but instead, they blatantly shout out the answers, telling you exaclty what to do. Then there's the temple of the ocean king. It is just soooooooooooooooo repetitive. Every time you go back (after every dungeon.) you have to do what you just did last time again. Sure there's a checkpoint (only one), but you still have to the second half over and over again. Even worse, you have a time limit to finish the dungeon. If you don't make it, every time you step out of the tiny "safe zones", you get hurt continuously until you step back in. try doing that while running away from giant unkillable enemies. Also, there is the infamous soundtrack. It consists of around 8 tracks (not counting a couple fanfares). The songs you hear most are also the worst. seriously. You can't even find the cave or enemy-infested island themes on youtube. THEY WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH. I myself count this as the worst (non cd-i) Zelda. The music from ST is like a godsend. It was all very well written and actually seemed to have had time put into it. It fits the mood of the game in each area and the (numerous) cinematic cut-scenes are very well choreographed to fit their music. Contrary to what many people say, the train doesn't do away with the exploration. Their are many small stops on the tracks that you actually have to go looking for to find. Also, after each dungeon, more tracks are added to the overworld giving you more land to explore. The dungeons are also very complex and have good themes to each of them. I mean secondary themes though, not like elements, but how, soy, the forest temple in OoT had the poe sisters and the water temple was about water level. They also have very nice, not too easy, not too hard (no such thing :P), puzzles. It still has the unkillable phantoms from Phantom hourglass, but the Tower of Spirits is a huge enhancement over the Temple of the Ocean King. You no longer have to redo anything and the time limit is gone. Minish Cap, well, it's stilla very good game, but it's short and easy. As in, after your first run-through, it should take around two hours to beat again. I suggest you get all of them, even play PH before ST as ST is the sequel (not direct, but obvious and confirmed) and then MC. In my head, that's where it goes anyways. Don't ask where the trains went. Maybe they got taken down after they *spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* *spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* *spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* weren't needed to seal malladus anymore.

Edit:
Yah know, Maybe you should go for MC. Now that I reflect on it further, it was an incredibly fun game. I was really just rapping on PH in the first part of my post more than anything. It's just not nearly as good as the other two.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Minish Cap was good, I enjoyed it, but Spirit Tracks was MUCH better. :) Phantom Hourglass was okay, but DEFINETELY my least favorite out of the three. Spirit Tracks was just adorable and fun. ((: Minish Cap could be confusing at times, but was still enjoyable.

But really, everyone has different perspectives on the games. So even if you choose the one with the most votes on the poll, you still might not be satisfied. Everyone has different tastes. Just read up on the games (without getting spoilers) and see which game is really more your type. Such as travel. In MC you walk, ST is a train, and PH is a boat. But those are just examples. Or maybe you could just get them all! ahahah(:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I say Minish Cap, cause Vaati is one of my favorite bad*sses. Take my comment with a grain of salt, though, as there's a 50% of chance that I'm talking out of nostalgic bias. That, and Spirit Tracks is quite a gem (bet you'll be as shocked at the ending as I was).

Phantom Hourglass is good, too, but ST is like PH but with most of its flaws ironed out.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Their all excellent Games! so its a really hard choice to make I just finished Minish Cap;) for the first time and I loved every minute of it!:yes: Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are fantastic games and make great use of the Touch Screen and The Dungeons and Music are wonderful. The best games on DS by a mile!:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom