• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Best Way to Assemble a Zelda Timeline Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Now I will be teaching you how to make your own timeline theory, now this may be a bit long, but first we start with timeline groups, which consist of games that come before and after another, such as sequels and prequels. I will be showing you these groups with the games in order form which comes first in the timeline to last below.

Group 1-The Master Sword Saga. The time period when the master sword was vital to the story, and I know the master sword was important in wind waker, but that game takes place in a farther time period.

1st-Skyward Sword
2nd-Ocarina of Time
3rd-Majora's Mask
4th-A Link to the Past
5th-Twilight Princess

Group 2-The New Era. Takes place in the far future of hyrule, where most of the world is covered in water, and most of the species have evolved.

1st-The Wind Waker
2nd-The Phantom Hourglass
3rd-Spirit Tracks

Group 3-The Four Words Trilogy. Takes place in a new hyrule and the four sword was very important for saving the day.

1st-Minish Cap
2nd-Four Swords
3rd-Four Swords Adventures

Group 4-The Classics. The first two zelda games that have no story but "beat the bad guy save the princess" that I would not include in the timeline for lack of story.

1st-The Legend of Zelda
2nd-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Group 5-The Oracle Games. When Link goes to two different land to save the oracles of ages and seasons, that took place at just about the same time.

1st or 2nd-The Oracle of Ages
1st or 2nd-The Oracle of Seasons

Group 5-Link's Awakening. This game has no definite sequel or prequel, but try your best to find a good place for it.
1st-Link's Awakening

Now for the next step-Choose your type of timeline. Just choose if you are going to use a split-timeline or a normal one.

Next is the final step-The placing phase. Just think hard and put all the games together into a timeline.

I hope I helped thanks for reading. :)

D

Darth Usurper

A nice little reference guide you got here.

But I thought Link's Awakening is considered the sequel to A Link to the Past is it not?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

I would think so, but lots of people disagree though, no idea why because we had no timeline problems at that time cuz there wasn't that many games back then.

Um...a couple problems.

The first one is pretty severe. No game with the Master Sword in it can come after LttP. At the end of that game, it says that the Master Sword sleeps forever. This case is farther supported by the ruins surrounding the Pedestal of Time in TP. The Temple of Time has deteriorated and only a few parts of it remain. These ruins are not in LttP, so it would have to logically come after TP.

I do believe that LA has been confirmed to come after OoX. According to the LA manual, Link went soul searching after killing Ganon. Also, he calls out Zelda's name in his sleep, implying a close and possibly romantic relationship. If you play the Oracle games linked; Link and Zelda develop a close relationship, Link defeats Ganon, and then he sails off on a ship similar to the one in the LA opening. The evidence paints quite a picture, but I have not heard any official statements on the mater.

saying Adventure of Link lacks story is pretty ignorant, it has the backstory for the name Zelda and some for the triforce of courage, it also explains that Ganon can be revived, actually, the problem with Aol is that it has too much definitive story so it's contradictive anywhere it's placed.
Also, I've never seen anyone placing Alttp before Twilight Princess, it doesn't make much sense either since Ganon is killed and the Master Sword is sealed forever in the end of the game.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Group 5-Link's Awakening. This game has no definite sequel or prequel, but try your best to find a good place for it.
1st-Link's Awakening

Um, yeah, it does.
The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide said:
Link's Awakening tells the tale of the hero of A Link To The Past and how after his first great victory he set out on a mission of training, to hone his skills, sharpen his wits and master techniques of battle from around the world.
It has a prequel. A Link to the Past.

Many like to tie in the Oracle series as Link ends one of the games sailing away on a boat similar to the one in the opening for Link's Awakening. Further, it states both above and in the Link's Awakening Instruction Manual that he left Hyrule to hone his skills and prepare himself for whatever threatened Hyrule next. The Triforce sent him to Holodrum and Labrynna and he had two huge adventures there. I'd call that some training.

If we take this as truth, then by comparing this Link to the adventures of other Links, we see that this one has been on more adventures than any other Link.

Last edited:
S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Yeah I knew that, but listening to the ZD podcast made me hear that some other people thought otherwise, so I put link's awakening by itself to prevent any backlash.

I admire your efforts, but I hope I can help you any way.

AlttP---TP

This does not work very well. First, TP is confirmed as a direct sequel to OoT, or at least in the sense that Ganon can't die in-between OoT and TP. Ganon dies in AlttP, whereas he is alive in TP. TP Ganondorf's back story regards his attempts to invade the SR, which doesn't match with AlttP since AlttP Ganon controlled the SR. Changing the order to TP---AlttP works better in my opinion.

Why do you not want to include the original games? LoZ/AoL are generally believed, and "confirmed", sequels to AlttP.

Good Luck!

/Blue Window

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Thanks for the tip, I didn't think about it that much when making this thread. And hopefully I will be posting my own zelda timeline on here in the future.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Please don't make general timeline guidelines; you are free to discuss your thoughts on various groupings, but try not to merely list connections without explaining them.
If you want to make a legitimate guideline, discuss it with the section moderators, who are myself and Locke.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom