• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Best Improvement We've Seen?

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
Nintendo have stepped up their game from the gameplay we've seen of BotW, but what is the best improvement of this game? There is so many, when SS came out I thought it was so amazing when Link had the ability to sit down on chairs and sleep until night time. But in BotW, we've seen new weapons such as the Magnet and the handglider, also Link can actually eat proper food (Reminds me of Kid Icarus Uprising), at the beginning someone speaks to him in full words and English instead of gestures or making noises and the graphics look so good. But what is your favourite improvement?:sword:

It may not be the best improvement to the game but it's going to be one of my favorite improvements, and that's the focus on bows they are my favorite weapon class to pick in any game. I can't wait to storm in to the bokoblin camps with bows a blazin

The usage of weapons makes things way more dynamic now. When i saw the chopping axe cut down the tree i thought to myself 'you would have to get that out of a dungeon to effect the overworld like that' but its simply a pick up item, as is the fire rod etc.

So the items and the deeper connection with the overworld is my favourite improvement

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The physics system is truly allowing multiple ways to solve puzzles, and traverse the landscape.

Especially in Skyward Sword, puzzles were pretty forced(even though they were amazing puzzles). But now, each puzzle is now a natural extension of the world, and you have to figure what you can do, in multiple different ways. This creates nearly endless replayability, because you will get different experiences each time you think of a puzzle in a different way.

Being able to collect things. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing - I'm going to be running around filling up my pockets with every mushroom, berry, and errant weapon I find...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly, it's hard to pick just one. But I think I have to say the potential for versatility. Link can jump now, he can climb pretty much anything, he can glide, he can do flurry strikes, he has a wide arsenal of weapons to pick from plus the runes from his Sheikah Slate, not even mentioning his ability to cook... It's hard to separate all these things for me because each of them creates new options for Link. Like there's several different ways Link can climb the snowy mountain on the plateau; he can wear warm clothes, he can eat a hot meal, he can carry a torch, he can set random fires along the way.... Or he can just put up with the cold and eat something whenever his health gets low. One thing creates the potential for many things. This is true for all the things I listed. That's why I think it's hard to separate them because in the end, everything gives you more versatility.

Hard to pinpoint one thing. I don't know if it's really that it's whole sail shifting; rather, I think that all of the little things to take advantage of more complex gaming add up to make the game appear more complex and open while retaining what makes Zelda games great. I think it's a good thing.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Haven't really seen any improvements. It seems more like Color Spash where they take ideas people didn't like and just...try to expand on them anyway.

Tibari

Rinkuji
The best improvement is the Ragdoll physics when Link dies. Even if I loose, I will find this kind of death funny and perfect to make fail gifs...

I'm torn here, there are SO MANY aspects to this game that look amazing. Most aren't new, but still freaking amazing. My top ones are
- The physics engine. I'm looking forward to just mucking around and doing crazy stuff with rocks and planks and whatever else Nintendo can give me.
- Jumping! Finally! What kind of hero cant jump?
- Climbing! Cause yeah!
- Cooking! There will be heads of combos, probably with a wider range of effects that what we've seen.
Theres more, but these are my top favorites.

The physics system will add a whole new dynamic to the game. It will change puzzles for one as others jave mentioned, but the exploration of the game will be heavily influenced by it. It really lets you use your imagination to figure out how to get from one place to another.

Like a lot of people have said before me, it's got to be the physics system. I especially love the stasis rune and its many potential uses. I'm SO excited to just try and break the game as much as I can!! :ezlo:

I remember reading something about how Miyamoto was super proud that in ALttP you could cut up bushes and grass, and it made the world more believable. He then took it a step farther in OoT and let you cut up signs. They wanted to extend this in Ura Zelda and let you cut trees, make footprints in the sand, etc and have everything stay that way. I like how they took this idea to the nth degree and allowed you to interact with a bunch of the environment in BotW. Cutting down trees, burning grass, cooking food, picking up junk lying around with your runes, climbing rock faces, snowboarding on your shield, even the fact Link gets cold and takes damage in the cold regions. Past Zelda games have been vast and expansive, but this one really feels like a living breathing world that you can fully interact with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom