• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Best Game: Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask or Twilight Princess?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Oh boy, this is a tough one. Since Oot and Majora's mask were amazing for the time in wich they were released, and TP is technicaly a better game than both, mmmmmm I guess I'll have to say Oot, since it made the huge leep from 2-D to 3-D without scrwing up. Good job Oot!

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
1: Majora's Mask: This is actually my favorite game of all time. Everything about it is just spectacular, music is terrific, game play mechanics are tight, and the items are incredible because this game introduces masks. And the heavy emphasis on side quests made this is especially enjoyable as I love side quests a lot, even more than dungeons. And despite being one of the darkest Zelda games I thought this game had plenty of funny moments to offset the darkness. Also, who doesn't love the mask system?, it is pure genius. And the graphics are absolutely incredible and detailed, and I don't think many games will be able to match the beauty that Majora's Mask had.

2: Twilight Princess: What a great game, it has almost everything you could ask for in a traditional Zelda game besides difficult bosses. Which that is the only knock I have against this game.

3: Ocarina of Time: Before I start, I must say that this was my first Zelda game, and it WAS my favorite Zelda game until I played Majora's Mask. I have very little complaints about this game, I just felt that TP had better items and gameplay and that is what puts OoT at a very close 3'rd for me.

MrLuigi

Theorist
Majora's Mask>Twilight Princess>Ocarina of Time

I played Majora's Mask first, and then I played Ocarina of Time and I was slightly disappointed. I loved the freedom of Twilight Princess and the outstanding dungeons.
But when it comes to making a standard for Zelda, Wind Waker outdoes Ocarina of Time.

Did not care for Twilight Princess. Once I got done playing that game, I haven't played it beecause I didn't really like it? And that's been like 6 months ago. :/
Ocarina of Time's story line didn't make anysense.

So, eventdently, Majora's Mask. It made some type of creativity, good storyline, and a good game all together.

U

Uber-Link83

For me, OoT and TP r almost tied. But OoT was my Zelda starter and in my opinion to this day the most creative and fun. Majora's Mask was a waste of time and money. The story line made barely any sence, it had nothing to do with Hyruke, Zelda, n y the f*ck was the friggin Ocarina of Time in da damn story? what, so he could go back 3 days??? wat bs! Cuz if every 3 days u gotta play da Song of Time the Door of Time would be like on a power-run! PLUS! if MM supposedly takes place after OoT, n Link still has the Ocarina of Time, that means this took place during the 7 years when Link was growing so he could be the Hero of Time. So MM makes no sense, wasnt even that fun, and made me quit playin Zelda for a year! THATS HOW BADLY I HATE MAJORA'S FRICKEN MASK!
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Twilight Princess
Negative 40 trillion. Majora's Mask!!!

Jedizora

:right:
Mine would be Majora's mask. I just never found the time to play Ocarina of time, so I can't rate that much, and TP was okay, but not something I would say would be better then these 2. MM is one of my favorite games. It has so many side quest, and The story is cools also.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I would say OOT is my favorite out of the three with MM being next in line. then I would say WW comes next (yes I know its not on the list).
Then theres TP, the game is pretty low on my list I didn't really find the game amazing, don't get me wrong I really, really enjoyed the game quite the bit but I found the lack of magic and the Graphics (as good as some people think they are) to me made the game feel very non-Zeldaish. The game didn't have the same appeal as say OOT and WW at least IMO. However I do still like TP and consider it a very good game.

So my list goes like so:

1. OOT
2. MM
3. WW
4. ST
5. ALttP
6. FSA
7. TP
8. OOX
9. TLOZ
10. MC
11. PH
12. LA
13. AOL
14. FS (I've yet to play this one so its last)

Last edited:

Ghosi

Schmetterling
For me, I loved all three, and I think that OoT, MM, and TP are all really good Zelda games.

1. OoT- The story, characters, and places of the game took me away. No wonder it was so popular; it was the best Zelda game ever in my opinion.

2. MM- The game had great elements, and was very unique. The only sad part for me was that it seemed a bit short. I think this game overall deserves a big applause.

3. TP- I loved the graphics of this game, and made the Zelda games seem more realistic than ever. Unfortunately, the game had some little issues, but overall it was quite and enjoyable game.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
1st - Ocarina of Time - Absolutely the best game ever. The easiest 3D Zelda, and have 2nd Quest as a separate game.
2nd- Twilight Princess - Most realistic Zelda to date. Also easy (especially on Wii), but worse than Ocarina.
3rd - The Wind Waker - Why not inclde this? Also good, but worse than above games, becuase that's the most time-consuming 3D Zelda to date.
4th - Majora's Mask - That's like 3rd Quest in Ocarina of Time, but with completely new adventure. Masks and other additions are good, but the difficulty of certain sidequest lowers the game's position.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
To me, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are two parts of the same story, and I could never choose one over the other. Ok, MM beats the flying cuccos out of OoT, anyday. XD And honestly, I thought TP sucked as a Zelda title. It didn't feel like Zelda at all, despite the fact that I enjoyed it thoroughly.

To be honest, I like them all equally. I love Ocarina Of Time for the music! The melody's and tunes in that game are really catchy and i always find myself humming to a OoT Melody even when not playing the game. I loved Majoras Mask for it's darker theme, Still to this day Ikana Canyon gives me the creeps! And i liked being able to explore the world in different forms, I'd probably consider Majoras Mask to be my favourate actually.

Then there is Twilight Princess. What i like about this game is first and foremost the graphics and detail put into this game. Although i thought it was a tad to easy, The world was huge, and you can tell a whole load of work went into that game!

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Of all the Zelda games my fav is Wind Waker... being that i can't say that xD....
From those three my fav one is Majora's Mask without a doubt.
The first time I played it i was a little skeptical, due to the three day cicle and the fact that you must restart every dungeon and subquest if you play the song of time and my first playthrough wasn't very deep. Once you start doing the subquests you start to see the brilliant part of the game: characters, their emotions, reactions and stories... This game is much more alive than many other games and that's what it makes it great, not to say the main story and the dungeons aren't good... they are awesomely well designed and the story is one of the best i've seen
The fact that Link grows up by helping people reach happiness even with an inevitable death at hand is one of the best thing in Zelda series, or in videogame industry in general, and has a deep meaning in real life too: to be happy even if you're through bad times
The second one would be OoT, its story is good and is an awesome game in general, only thing i don't like is (like many people... i suppose) the water temple, as switching between the kokiri boots and the iron ones was tedious.
The final battle was epic and one of the best bosses i've ever experienced, and this game meant a new Zelda era
Last in this list is Twilight Princess, to tell you the truth this game dissapointed me, as it got my hopes high with comments like "this will be the next best Zelda game", when i played it it was okay, but the tears of light thing was annoying for me, i didn't like midna at all and I felt the dark story kind of forced (unlike MM where darkness is an implicit factor in the game, with no forced features like the twilight covering hyrule)
Even so twilight princess was a great game, and had its moments, like the fight against the death and the double clawshots were awesome

And that's it for my thoughts :)

Last edited:
L

Link305

My list would be;
Oot
MM
TP.

For my, the BEST game of the entire world, is the OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom