• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The 7 Maidens from ALttP?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I just had this doubt about the 7 maidens you rescue in the Dark World dungeons in ALttP. The ancestors of the 7 maidens are the 7 wise men, who are likely to be the sages from TP. However, Ganondorf kills the Sage of Water in TP, so shouldn't the maiden you rescue from the Swamp Palace cease to exist? How can a killed sage have offspring? I was just asking this because a lot of people put TP and ALttP next to each other on the timeline.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well first of all i am not sure it was the water sage but remember it was killed by its own sage weapon so he might just reaapear out of nowhere or maybe the godesses or even the sages could create another sage by lendong power. That is just my theory. But great observation.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The Sage of Water may have had a child before he was killed. Besides, they just say descendants; that doesn't necessarily mean directly related. It could be more complicated than a single degree of separation.

Steve

5/19/13
You can't assume the position is inherited, just look the sages of Ocarina of Time, who seem to have no predecessor at all. Furthermore it is widely accepted, even by the shear appearance of them, that the sages of Twilight Princess are merely ethereal, or temporary figures.

Although almost identical and similar: Seven Wise Men =/= Seven Sages

Things we know:

*There are seven Sages.
*There are seven Wise Men.
*There are seven Maidens.
*The seven Maidens are related to the seven Wise Men.
*The seven Sages appeared/were mentioned in OoT, TWW, and TP.
*The seven Wise Men were mentioned in ALttP and FSA.
*The seven Wise Men have not appeared in any game.
*The seven Maidens appeared in ALttP and FSA.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well first of all i am not sure it was the water sage but remember it was killed by its own sage weapon so he might just reaapear out of nowhere or maybe the godesses or even the sages could create another sage by lendong power. That is just my theory. But great observation.

I'm pretty sure it is the sage of water, as I read this somewhere, I'm not just making it up :P

P

Pheonix14

Hold up... could the seven wise men be the wise men from TLOZ?

To me it seems pretty probable.

Hold up... could the seven wise men be the wise men from TLOZ?

To me it seems pretty probable.
That is actually an interesting theory that I have never heard before, but I don't think it has too much practical basis, as the wise men bear little relevance to the plot. Besides, the wording in the GBA re-release of A Link to the Past was changed from Wise Men to Sages.

Yes but in FSA, the Wise Men are used, not the Sages, which implies that they wished ALttP to be a sage game after its progress, but wished FSA to use a separate people. (The new Wise Men/Maidens.)
[FONT= "Comic Sans MS"]Sorry, but can you tell me where in Four Swords Adventures that they are mentioned as being Wise Men rather than Sages? I can't seem to find a mention of Wise Men in regards to FSA anywhere else.[/FONT]

P

Pheonix14

I realize all im trying to point out is the possible link between the wise men in TLOZ (and apparently FSA) to the maidens in ALttP.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
As other people have mentioned, the death of the Sage of Water doesn't preclude there being a descendant for several reasons:

1. They might have reproduced before being killed.

2. No one ever said they had to be a DIRECT descendant.

3. It's possible that a new bloodline would be chosen from the survivors, if one sage's bloodline died out. And we don't know how long it's been since the most recent line started.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Although almost identical and similar: Seven Wise Men =/= Seven Sages

Things we know:

*There are seven Sages.
*There are seven Wise Men.
*There are seven Maidens.
*The seven Maidens are related to the seven Wise Men.
*The seven Sages appeared/were mentioned in OoT, TWW, and TP.
*The seven Wise Men were mentioned in ALttP and FSA.
*The seven Wise Men have not appeared in any game.
*The seven Maidens appeared in ALttP and FSA.
...and after I just read a thread in which you quoted Japanese as superior to English. In LttP, the casters of the Seal were Sages in the original Japanese. NoA censored that due to religious implications (as with the title, etc). I'm not sure about FSA. I know that there are Shrine Maidens, but I don't remember what is said about their ancestors in that game.

OT: As said, the lineage of sages isn't necessarily by blood. You do bring up a good point though. I'm not sure why the sages would be so depressed if a new water sage could be born/appointed/created that easily. Perhaps this could be used as evidence for AT LttP. (thanks) Or one could just explain it off as retcon. They had no idea they would eventually kill off a sage when making LttP.

Master

Upcoming
Yeah , I see what you are trying to say .

Well , there is an article saying it was the water sage that Ganondorf killed in the Mirror Chamber . I will try to send you the adrress

:zelda: + :) = <3

P

Pheonix14

The wise men could be the sages.

The wise men were made immortal by the gods, that would explain why they aren't dead by OOT.

As for an explaination as to the way they look in TP, when the timeline split they simply split with it so they could remain on both ends of it. When they split themselves they left only a part of there souls in the grown timeline (TP) which would explain why there are housed in "statues" (in the loose meaning of the term).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom