• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The 400 Project

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Sup peeps, Random Person here.

Alot of times when discussing things, I get people telling me that their opinion is common sense, or that what I think is just flat out wrong. People seem to think that I make up my logic as I go. The really interesting thing is... they're half right. I don't really make anything up, but half of the things I say are drawn conclusions from experiences. This does not mean, however, that I do not have sources. While I do have drawn conclusions, I get sources to help back up my thoughts. One of the sources that I recently discovered is something known as "The 400 Project." Professional game designer Noah Falstein (as if I'm supposed to know who that is), decided that video-game making is a bit too loose, and he hoped to create a list of 400 rules that game creators could go by when creating games. Gathering the wits of himself, and other known game designers, they began to work on "The 400 Project."

Some things should be taken into account.
-There are only 112 rules
-These aren't really "rules" but guidelines. The creator himself even said that there's no 100% surefire way to go about making a game, as to be expected with any art form
-This project was made some time ago, and I believe has since been abandoned.

Maybe things will go a bit smoother when people can see what the professionals actually think when it comes to making video-games. We can no longer divert to sayings like "this is common sense" especially when professionals are saying the exact opposite.

This is the Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom