• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

That Canadian Thread

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
Free Quebec, How did people voted for Stephen Harper, he's even worst than Bush and I didn't thought it was possible

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
You live in Alaska? Wow! That's really cool! How is it there, except for cold :P I've always wondered. And how does Yukon look? Is it similar to Alaska?

:) It's beautiful here. And cold is a relative term...it feels pretty comfortable to me :) But really, the area I live in, our winter is a lot milder than Chicago and places in the Midwest. Yukon reminds me of Alaska quite a bit. It's serene and quiet and the scenery is very similar to Alaska in a lot of ways.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
:) It's beautiful here. And cold is a relative term...it feels pretty comfortable to me :) But really, the area I live in, our winter is a lot milder than Chicago and places in the Midwest. Yukon reminds me of Alaska quite a bit. It's serene and quiet and the scenery is very similar to Alaska in a lot of ways.

Must be very cool to live there. Did you ever think of moving down south, or are you happy there?

Eduarda

it was too hot today :T
25 degrees is actually too warm for me ugh

Agreed. It was 23 here, and I was sweating :lol: I think it would have been better if there were chilly winds. That would have made today awesome :) But we've got to brace ourselves as a whole summer is ahead of us :P

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Agreed. It was 23 here, and I was sweating :lol: I think it would have been better if there were chilly winds. That would have made today awesome :) But we've got to brace ourselves as a whole summer is ahead of us :P

The hottest it ever got while I lived in Vancouver was like 30 degrees or something, and that was way too hot for me! Seeing as I live in the mountains now, it never really gets too hot here. Today it was 15 (which is weird since it was snowing yesterday...), and our average summer temperature is between 17 and 25 degrees, which to me is comfortable. The only thing I dislike about living here is the freezing winters. This year, we hit a maximum low of -25, with the average high in January at -10. At least the 6 ft of snow we had kind of made up for it

Eduarda

The hottest it ever got while I lived in Vancouver was like 30 degrees or something, and that was way too hot for me! Seeing as I live in the mountains now, it never really gets too hot here. Today it was 15 (which is weird since it was snowing yesterday...), and our average summer temperature is between 17 and 25 degrees, which to me is comfortable. The only thing I dislike about living here is the freezing winters. This year, we hit a maximum low of -25, with the average high in January at -10. At least the 6 ft of snow we had kind of made up for it

:lol: my parents hate the snow :P I don't mind it really. Just just hate extreme temperatures, like when it's too hot or too cold.

But the good thing about snow is that we get many snow days :D

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
We never get snow days here. I guess it's because we're used to such high levels of snow, but I kind of wish we did.

One added bonus of the amount of snow we get here is this. Not sure who here is into skiing, but I sure am. And with our resident ski resort having the highest vertical drop in North America (we passed Whistler in 2009), plus expanding to be the largest ski resort in North America in terms of total acreage, you may say I love living here! Our awesome powder skiing really makes up for the extreme lows we occasionally recieve :)

Eduarda

We never get snow days here. I guess it's because we're used to such high levels of snow, but I kind of wish we did.

One added bonus of the amount of snow we get here is this. Not sure who here is into skiing, but I sure am. And with our resident ski resort having the highest vertical drop in North America (we passed Whistler in 2009), plus expanding to be the largest ski resort in North America in terms of total acreage, you may say I love living here! Our awesome powder skiing really makes up for the extreme lows we occasionally recieve :)

Must be really fun to go skiing often :) I have never gone skiing before actually. Most people here think of snow as some annoying thing you have to shovel off your driveway :lol:

It's great to know that there are still people who love the snow so much <3

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Proud Canadian here!
I was born and raised in Saskatchewan. One of my favourite things about Canada is that it takes pride in being a multicultural county, and the bacon. I enjoy seeing the different heritages that make up this land. It's a beautiful place that I'm glad to be apart of.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Good day, eh? I'm from Calgary. I like hockey, bacon, Timmies donuts, bacon, Timmies coffee, bacon, and back bacon. Bacon is also a thing I like.

Although I don't live in Canada, I still love my home country. I'm sort of this weird mix of a white Albertan hozer and a Lao Wai who is pretty sure he's from Beijing. But that's what makes me me, I guess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom