• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Tetra...a Gerudo?!(warning for the Easly Offended)

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Yes, we all probably thought that there must've been something wrong about Tetra. She either had a massive tan or, possibly, she is an ancestor of the Gerudo tribe! I know, I know, how can she be part of the Gerudo tribe if A: The Gerudo tribe died out around 1000 years ago, and B: She's the freakin' princess of Hyrule! I was only wondering, so please don't slap me!

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
well she was a pirate, but not a gerudo pirate.
what do you expect to happen to someone who sails allover the place; with the sun beating down on them?
she probably just has a massive tan.
and no, im not gonna slap you! ^_^
(to tell you the truth, i actually thought that at one point!!!)

Djinn

and Tonic
I see you might not have spent much time on a boat, having done that many times in my life I can easily understand her tan in the game. Out on the ocean you are out in the sun a lot, there is little to no shade on those things at all except maybe below decks. Only that area is so hot and humid during the day it can be totally unbearable. Out on top there is at least a lot of wind and open air so it is not so bad. So on a ship one spends lots and lots of time out in the sun contributing to a serious tan after a while.

The only thing I found odd was the fact that her tan disappeared when she was dressed as Zelda later in the game. However this also shows me that it was indeed a tan and not her natural skin color. As it would make even less sense for skin pigment to transform along with her clothes. But I do not think there is any Gerudo in her background at all, I do not see why there cannot be any tan Hylians in the game without assuming there is a separate ancestry. Although a counter argument to that might be the Hylian royal family needing to marry their heirs off to someone. And out of all the other people living in or around Hyrule the Gerudo tribe have their own royal family too and are the closest to human. There might actually be a Gerudo or two back in there somewhere to keep the family line going.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
To state the obvious, Zelda disguises herself as a Pirate named, Tetra. Since the flooding, the Gerudo Tribe has practicly been erased off of Hyrule. And, only Gerudos would have red hair and an extremely large nose. They would not have blonde hair. Tetra is just coincidentally tan.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
To state the obvious, Zelda disguises herself as a Pirate named, Tetra. Since the flooding, the Gerudo Tribe has practicly been erased off of Hyrule. And, only Gerudos would have red hair and an extremely large nose. They would not have blonde hair. Tetra is just coincidentally tan.

No, she had no idea she was Zelda. It wasn't like with Sheik.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
I see you might not have spent much time on a boat, having done that many times in my life I can easily understand her tan in the game. Out on the ocean you are out in the sun a lot, there is little to no shade on those things at all except maybe below decks. Only that area is so hot and humid during the day it can be totally unbearable. Out on top there is at least a lot of wind and open air so it is not so bad. So on a ship one spends lots and lots of time out in the sun contributing to a serious tan after a while.

The only thing I found odd was the fact that her tan disappeared when she was dressed as Zelda later in the game. However this also shows me that it was indeed a tan and not her natural skin color. As it would make even less sense for skin pigment to transform along with her clothes. But I do not think there is any Gerudo in her background at all, I do not see why there cannot be any tan Hylians in the game without assuming there is a separate ancestry. Although a counter argument to that might be the Hylian royal family needing to marry their heirs off to someone. And out of all the other people living in or around Hyrule the Gerudo tribe have their own royal family too and are the closest to human. There might actually be a Gerudo or two back in there somewhere to keep the family line going.

Yeah, I live in the Midwest region, and I've only been to the beach, oh, maybe five times in my life. I'm as pale as the moon!

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
This is actually quite funny to me. However, I don't think that Tetra's tan is enough to warrant her Gerudo status. Hey? Isn't this a racist steriotype in Hyrule? I do think that her tan was given to her by the sun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom