• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Termina’s location according to its map

I think I may have figured out where Termina is in relation to hyrule, as an actual country and not an alternate dimension
1612367185919.jpegLook at the bottom right corner of the map, I know things changed in the 3ds remake of the map, but I believe that this green patch in the bottom right corner here is the lost woods/Kokiri forest, compare this with this map of hyrule 1612367343247.png
The shapes of the two areas are similar but the Hyrule map is a little less detailed
Possible spoilers ahead
When you go back inside the clock tower the staircase downwards takes a turn but then takes another turn southward, so in the direction of woodfall, the twisting and turning hallway might be longer than we think, so when we reach the withered tree/deku butlers son, the path takes a southern direction but is angled east when taken into perspective, so in my opinion, the Southern Swamp might be the closest thing to the lost woods
Let me know if there is anything I messed up on, I only put the two maps to compare as I didn’t know where I could find photos for the other locations like inside the clock tower and the underground forest cave at the start of the game. Also this is possibly outdated because of the new map in the 3ds version, but I think I remember that the blank map for termina keeps this specific corner of the game around even when you don’t have the wood fall map (Only applies to the n64 version btw)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think of Termina as a parallel world, it's easier that way and seems to be implied as one. Between the fall into a pit, and later on the distorted twisting walkway leading into the Clock Tower, I doubt it's just some underground passage leading to a different neighboring country in a different geographic location.

I think of Termina as a parallel world, it's easier that way and seems to be implied as one. Between the fall into a pit, and later on the distorted twisting walkway leading into the Clock Tower, I doubt it's just some underground passage leading to a different neighboring country in a different geographic location.
To be honest, it might be easier that way, I respect your opinion, heck I actually agree with it a little bit

are you saying termina exists on the other side of the lost woods and the map doesn't have north facing up?
I’d like to think it’s just like a swap of sorts, like Termina is to the east of hyrule, like if the entire map is backwards in a sense so it’s still technically facing north, also since the kokiri forest/lost woods are at the bottom corner, that means that ikana canyon might be just above zora’s domain, sure it’s flip flopped, but there’s a giant stream in ikana that goes all the way to wood fall, maybe there’s another current that also leads to the waterfall covering zoras domain
Sorry if it feels like I’m spouting nonsense, I just thought it might be cool to think about the what if scenario, to be honest, I do agree a bit with the alternate dimension theory, but I think it would be cool if Termina really was part of the same reality as hyrule. (not the dream world version of the dimension theory, that’s just stupid)

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I mean, think about the Lost Woods. Things can get weird in there. I don't think it's a stretch to say you could just randomly change compass points, maybe pop out in the Woods of Mystery?
That being said, I do prefer the alternate dimension theory, but I'm certainly interested in what you're saying.

(Also, I can never believe the theory that Link died. That's just stupid.)

I mean, think about the Lost Woods. Things can get weird in there. I don't think it's a stretch to say you could just randomly change compass points, maybe pop out in the Woods of Mystery?
That being said, I do prefer the alternate dimension theory, but I'm certainly interested in what you're saying.

I also thought that the compass thing might be a possibility as well, but I wasn’t sure if that was correct or not so I just didn’t say it

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I also thought that the compass thing might be a possibility as well, but I wasn’t sure if that was correct or not so I just didn’t say it
I think that's your best bet for making this theory work. The Lost Woods and Woods of Mystery are connected somehow.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Some things in games I feel like can be dismissed when theorizing because they arose from it being a game. This is one of those things, as well as the fact that all roads in Hyrule are in canyons.
nah I think it's incredibly specific and relevant to majora's mask as a piece of art that all the characters are copies of ocarina of time counterparts, even if they reused models at first to save time

Oh I don’t think so I think it part of the world Zelda takes place in

D

Deleted member 91332

Its either an alternate dimension or a country where everyones twin lives, so...

I do not see this map concept at all. It's a portal that leads to a totally different space with an entirely different flow of time than Hyrule. Just like The World of the Ocean King, it functions in a different space than from which it is entered.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The portal/tree stump thing that brings you to Termina kiiiiiiinda reminds me of the other portals in the Lost Woods- the pond that brings you to Zora's River, the doorway that led to Goron City, etc. It's entirely possible that the tree stump to Termina is the same kind of portal? And I mean if, so, the other ones led actual places in Hyrule, not parallel worlds. That maaaaay imply Termina is actually on the same planet somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom