• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tell Me If This Sounds Familiar

Screenshot (10).png

An immortal weapon used to bind this demonic entity. It sounds an awful lot like the classic tale of the "master sword" and o.g. Gannon.
But it also fits in with the mysterious arm from BOTW2 that is pinning down what we assume to be malice filled Gannon.

The tribe from this classic pulp fantasy tale also reminds me of the Zonai who share similar stone age or barbarian themes in the little we "know" of them.

Fig

The Altruist
Considering that Zelda didn't exist until the 1980's, it's more appropriate to say that Zelda if at all, is inspired by The Devil in Iron. The problem is that many stories, legends, and mythos have been adapted several times by different companies trying to tell a story or sell a product so it's hard to say that specifically Devil in Iron is the focal point of inspiration for BotW2. If you break down story elements to its base roots, it's very common to see/read about evil entities being thwarted by divine weapons given to a chosen hero of sorts.

Considering that Zelda didn't exist until the 1980's, it's more appropriate to say that Zelda if at all, is inspired by The Devil in Iron. The problem is that many stories, legends, and mythos have been adapted several times by different companies trying to tell a story or sell a product so it's hard to say that specifically Devil in Iron is the focal point of inspiration for BotW2. If you break down story elements to its base roots, it's very common to see/read about evil entities being thwarted by divine weapons given to a chosen hero of sorts.

Oh, yeah, I'm not saying that it's inspired or copied from. I just wanted to share. I'm a big believer in the Jungian concept of the "collective unconscious" where we all somehow across cultures end up with myths and stories with similar themes. I just thought I'd share as part of the enjoyment of the series and how it fits with other cultural stories and myths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom