• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
Vote: Extension

I have class in a little more than an hour, and with that in mind, I will probably miss the current deadline and I still need to reevaluate my own thoughts after struggling to keep up as of late. (Lots of projects on my end.)

I think a few of you are bringing up intriguing points about Chosen Frozen, one point of which I somewhat considered myself. (Being a 'lyncher' of sorts.) While I am still very much confused about another situation, Pendio and kokirion's little exchange Day 1, I think the dynamic between Johnny and our Frozen friend potentially sheds light on the former scenario, namely on Pendio. By connecting the dots on our last few pages, Mr. Pen has been a supporter of Frozen Chosen's movement towards Johnny, albeit with a tinge of concern that he expressed in one of his recent posts. Could they be scum attempting to hatch a plan here in taking out a 'smart' townie? I dunno, honestly, but the thought remains.

That bolded portion... If you mixed up vig and VT, that reads: He could be a vig, but I feel like he is more likely a vig or scum. OR: He could be a VT, but I feel like he is more likely a VT or scum.
Doesn't make sense.

You lied. Got caught

I didn't lie. Not once did I use VT before I saw my mistake. I said vanilla townie but not VT. I thought it meant vigilantly which has a vt in it but I always thought vig was the shortened version. Once I realized my mistake, I told you and then starting using VT. I always knew the difference between Vannila townie and vigilantly, but I had a brain fart on the terms.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I didn't lie. Not once did I use VT before I saw my mistake. I said vanilla townie but not VT. I thought it meant vigilantly which has a vt in it but I always thought vig was the shortened version. Once I realized my mistake, I told you and then starting using VT. I always knew the difference between Vannila townie and vigilantly, but I had a brain fart on the terms.

I'm going to look back to double check all that.

Vote: Extension if it doesn't effect my vote on FC. If it does, then I don't vote ext mainly because of the 2 VT claims.

Fine. I wanted to hide my role or lack of one in order to confuse the mafia. But since you guys want to see my evidence, I'll tell you.

I am the Blu Vanilla Townie. I was trying to hint at it without making sound obvious. I thought Soul may have gotten it, but it looks like no one else got it.

Anywho, Johnny can't be VT so I thought he must be something anti-town like a mafia member. But he could be some other role that is third party. That's why I haven't voted for him.

Hope this clears things up.

Heh, I was completely wrong then. I thought you'd be a Vanilla Cop, in which case that statement of yours that Johnny must be either the vigilante or scum would have made a lot of sense.

You don't have as strong a case as I hoped you'd have, but I can see where you're coming from.
When you think about it, it makes a lot of sense for there to only be two Vanillas in the game. The reason for that is that each player is assigned a Team Fortress character. Vanilla Townies are evidently represented by the Demoman. Now I know nothing about Team Fortress, but am I correct in assuming that each character only exists once per team in that game? If so, there can only be two Vanilla Townies, the Blu Demoman and the red one (Sadia). If there's more Vanilla Townies in the game, there would either have to be another Team Fortress role associated with them, or they're all either red or blu Demoman, which is very unlikely I believe.

Strengthened by the fact that I got a town read from Frozen Chosen earlier on Day One when he brought up the possibility of a Mafia Roleblocker, I'm inclined to believe him.

Vote: Johnny Sooshi

I'd also like an extension, so I will
but only if I can do both. If not, the Johnny Sooshi vote is the one that counts, because I believe we've got a pretty good chance of hitting scum.

Heh, I was completely wrong then. I thought you'd be a Vanilla Cop, in which case that statement of yours that Johnny must be either the vigilante or scum would have made a lot of sense.

You don't have as strong a case as I hoped you'd have, but I can see where you're coming from.
When you think about it, it makes a lot of sense for there to only be two Vanillas in the game. The reason for that is that each player is assigned a Team Fortress character. Vanilla Townies are evidently represented by the Demoman. Now I know nothing about Team Fortress, but am I correct in assuming that each character only exists once per team in that game? If so, there can only be two Vanilla Townies, the Blu Demoman and the red one (Sadia). If there's more Vanilla Townies in the game, there would either have to be another Team Fortress role associated with them, or they're all either red or blu Demoman, which is very unlikely I believe.

Strengthened by the fact that I got a town read from Frozen Chosen earlier on Day One when he brought up the possibility of a Mafia Roleblocker, I'm inclined to believe him.

I'd also like an extension, so I will
but only if I can do both. If not, the Johnny Sooshi vote is the one that counts, because I believe we've got a pretty good chance of hitting scum.

Oh okay. I thought my hints were good enough, but I guess they were too vague. Oh well.

Yeah, I only see there being being two VT's: Sadia and me. I'm still not certain on Sooshi being scum, though. Why? I feel like he could be a potential vig or serial killer. That why I hesitate to vote for him. But if the town feels like it's the best option, I would vote for a Sooshi lynch.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
what

btw guys:
You may vote for an Extension and it will be counted separately from votes on players. Majority must be reached to extend the day.
Extension votes are separate.

So I think there are more votes on me at the moment correct? So I want to counter that with a vote on Sooshi. I think that evens it up.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
Johnny Sooshi (4): Pendio, Night Owl, Soul, Frozen Chosen
Frozen Chosen (3): Johnny Sooshi, Tristan, Viral Maze
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1): Malon
Pendio (1): Zelda15
Not Voting (9): Kokirion, A Link in Time, Mido, Frozen Chosen, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ver-go-a-go-go, Toxic_Snowman, Doc, HeroOfTime, Jamie

Extension (7): Kokirion, Tristan, Frozen Chosen, Johnny Sooshi, Mido, Viral Maze, Soul

YET TO MEET POST REQUIREMENT
Spiritual Mask Salesman (0), Doc (1)
Day 2 will end on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 6pm PST. 3 posts are required this game day, or else you will be replaced.
With 18 players alive, it takes 10 for majority.

@Soul
Me in the OP said:
8. The player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. If a player reaches majority before the day ends then the game will immediately go into twilight. If a tie occurs then there will be a coin flip to decide who dies.

Anyone know how long an extension would be? I'll be going to sleep soon, so I'm not sure how much use I could get out of it. I'm still in favour of extending the day to allow for more discussion. Just don't expect me to do much please, I need to wake up early tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom