• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tattoos: Where to Put 'em

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
FYI this is not a thread about if you like them or not so :P

But if you were to get a tattoo (or indeed if you have one already and might be getting another one) where would you get it (on your body, not which parlour)?

I am curious.

Also, I am getting a new one and I don't know where to get it so any ideas would be helpful to me. The one I do have is on my wrist so yah.

Anyway, yeah, forum members assemble.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Anywhere on the body where it's easy to conceal. Don't put it on your face or something like that, because you DO want a job, right? D:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
A giant tattoo which stretches from one arm, across your upper back to the other. At least that's what I'd get.

Although I guess you are talking about something much smaller, I'd personally suggest something on your other wrist, or maybe higher up on your shoulder?
really impossible for me to tell without knowing what you want to get exactly ;)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I wouldn't put them anywhere noticeable! Like, sometimes if you need to dress smart or dress nice, for a meeting or something which may be years and years into the future, having a load of tattoos showing isn't really the best thing to have. So, I wouldn't go over-board. I want a tattoo but I'll be getting it somewhere more out of sight.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
To be honest I like small random ones, not random in the sense that they're meaningless but in random places. I like the idea of having just the odd one here and there. Basically not having them in a pattern or symmetrical. I've been pondering whether to get a tattoo for like over a year now and I still haven't decided if i really want one, where I want one and actually want one I want, so maybe I'm not the best person so answer this.

I've always wanted a few on my wrists but it may be too big of a risk considering working and whatnot. However, I would like one on the front of my shoulder - just above my chest. Maybe one on the side of my neck and, if I could, one on my wrist. So yeah all in random positions and they wouldn't be anything too big, just something meaningful. The question is will i do it?

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm totes gonna get one on my 18th birthday. It's gonna be this logo (below) because it's my robotics team's logo and it's pretty cool imo. I'm gonna get it on either my left or right shoulder, just below the joint.

1369minotaur_jpg.jpg

In addition I'll probably get a couple more in my lifetime. I'd like to the Hylian Crest done on my chest, over my heart, and I'd get a little microphone tattooed on my ankle. I dunno really, but those would be the places. Other places I might get one would be upper arm on either arm, lower leg on either leg, ankle. If I could get a job where it wouldn't matter what I had tattooed, and I could make a livable salary, I'd get a sleeve on my left arm.

Beauts

To be honest I like small random ones, not random in the sense that they're meaningless but in random places. I like the idea of having just the odd one here and there. Basically not having them in a pattern or symmetrical. I've been pondering whether to get a tattoo for like over a year now and I still haven't decided if i really want one, where I want one and actually want one I want, so maybe I'm not the best person so answer this.

I've always wanted a few on my wrists but it may be too big of a risk considering working and whatnot. However, if like one on the front of my shoulder just above my chest. Maybe one on the side of my neck and, if I could, one on my wrist. So yeah all in positions and they wouldn't be anything too big, just something meaningful. The question is will i do it?

To be fair, mine is on my wrist and nobody notices it, let alone does it stop me getting a job. It's not like I make an effort to hide it either.

I like the little ones in random places though, that's pretty much what I have planned out.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I have a Hylian Crest tattooed on the left side of my chest. Right next to my heart.... I was a fair bit younger then, and even though I rarely have time to play Zelda anymore, I don't regret it. It's a reminder of something that was a HUGE part of my childhood. Plus I do intend to eventually catching up with all the games I have missed so I'm not a complete lost cause.

I'm male so obviously chest might be a bit different for you, but I think it's a good place.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Parts of the body that isn't as likely to expand/shrink as that would distort the tattoo (so not stomachs, breasts, thighs or butts, but arms, backs, hips, ankles and such). Also I think there's little point in having tattoos you can't show off. Someone mentioned that it was important to be able to cover them, and yeah, that might be necessary in some jobs, but not always. I go to work with blue hair and my tattoo is visible there from time to time, depending on what I wear and that is no problem.

Beauts

Parts of the body that isn't as likely to expand/shrink as that would distort the tattoo (so not stomachs, breasts, thighs or butts, but arms, backs, hips, ankles and such). Also I think there's little point in having tattoos you can't show off. Someone mentioned that it was important to be able to cover them, and yeah, that might be necessary in some jobs, but not always. I go to work with blue hair and my tattoo is visible there from time to time, depending on what I wear and that is no problem.

This is what I mean! I want to be able to see my tattoos! I'm not ashamed of them. What I don't get is, people with tattoos don't care if you don't have tattoos. So why vice versa? So stupid. It doesn't affect your brain!

ILU

i luv u
I never cared for ones that seem just... Tacked on? I've seen great ones that wrap around arms or merge with other tattoos. I saw one lady with wings on her back that looked like she was flying when she moved her shoulders/arms. It was really cool!

But then I've seen them just smack dab in the middle of a forearm and it looks more like a bad bumper sticker than a cool tat.

Like it's already been mentioned, it's better to get them in places like around your wrist or shoulder blade or something that won't sag badly. I know a girl who's grandma had a tiger tattoo across her chest and breasts when she was young, and now it looks like a llama or something creeping down into her shirt's neckline... >_<

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I sort of want to get Umbreon rings on my shoulders, the back of my neck, and maybe my thighs? I haven't this all the way through yet.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Well, if I were to get a tattoo, I would want it in a place that isn't always seen. I would go for the inside of my wrists, or my ankles and feet. I've also see some pretty awesome tattoos on and/or behind the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom