• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tastes You've Grown Out of

We all have our personal tastes in music, movies, books etc, and our tastes often change..

So this is a placve to list the music, movies and books that you used to love when you were younger but just don't and can't like any more.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I used to love stuff that was new. Back then, the Jonas Brothers and Disney stuff was quite popular. Now, I'm extremely picky about what I listen to and usually don't want to try new music.

I also used to love Blue's Clues but they messed it up for me when they brought Joe in. Nobody can replace Steve!!!

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
Food is what mostly comes to mind. I ate things like canned Spaghetti-O's and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese as a child. Oh, and really sugary cereals like Froot Loops.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I used to like wear short sleeved shirts but I really don't like them now. Really, short sleeved shirts aren't my thing and also, no sleeved shirts are even worse.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The only thing I can think of is when I was younger I never wanted to be in a relationship with a female, and by relationship I mean I never even wanted to be friends with a female. Which I find ironic now because my closest friend is female.

I have 2 little sisters so I used to think girls were evil. (and my first crush took my heart and stomped on it)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I used to be able to watch the whole of television back in my early days. I could also watch movies without being in a theater (in fact, I hated the theater; I was always envious of the people who could afford to go). Now, I can't so much as watch an episode of anything new (except House when I'm at my grandma's). I also cannot watch a movie unless I'm at the theater!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Fads. I mean it. Back when I was 12-13, I remember how I just *had* to have a bubble-necklace, a toll doll and slap-braclets because my girl classmates thought you were nobody if you didn't have those things. I learned I was still a nobody after I got those things. As an adult, I'm not good at conforming to social fads and crazes. Anything I get into that happens to be "faddish" is something I happen to be into because I genuinely like it. My likes and fads don't seem to overlap often.

Ultra Super-Sweet Sugar Bombs of Doom! I know of a *literal* taste I've grown out of. Oh, I still have a sweet-tooth, but I prefer things like dark/semi-sweet chocolate to milk, and I know that there are some things I loved as a kid that were "too sweet" for the adults in my life that I thought I'd love forever and, guess what? I'm an adult who likes more nuanced tastes now. What I mean is, blue-bubblegum flavored Slurpees were my thing when I was five. Now, not so much.

I'm... not even going to bold this one. On the tail-end of my teenage years and into a bit of my young adult hood, I used to read the Left Behind book series. Yes, you may exterminate me now before I breed if you're so inclined, I'm *that* ashamed of having enjoyed those books even a little. To my credit, I only got about a quarter of the way into the series and was reading it mostly for the explosions and a general facination with all things pretaining to the End of the World. I grew bored with the explosions being pre-empted by technobabble and with waiting for a female character to be written with more substance than a Barbie doll and it just wasn't happening. The one good thing to come out of it is that I now can read the Slacktivist blog and know what he and his commentators are talking about when they mercilessly dissect the series.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Toys and stuff...

Grew out of it a while back but man do I love toys! I think my room was like 80% toys when I was younger and prob one of my favorite toys was the transformer robots. I mean whats better that a truck transforming into a badass robot?

Last edited:

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
Hmmm... I'd have to say television in general for me. I used to be able to watch it for hours! Now I'm lucky to make it through an entire movie without doing something. I don't have satellite/cable anymore, just some good old cassettes from 1982 to 1999.
I also can't stand candy very long either! 1/3 of a chocolate bar and I'm sick. (Same goes for fast food)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom