• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tank Tops/Tube Tops/A-Shirts/Sleeveless Shirts

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What are your opinions on these types of clothes? I personally hate them on anyone. They're just ugh. They're uncomfortable, overly exposing (seriously, just go naked if you're gonna wear that thing), and just highly suggestive. They make people look like they don't respect themselves...at least to me.
Man_in_A_shirt_at_the_Brooklyn_Book_Festival.jpg
Tube_top_and_blue_jeans_crop.jpg

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I hate wearing tank-tops. It is the one article of clothing that I refuse to wear more than I refuse to wear shorts. I don't know what it is about them... I just hate the way they look on me, I guess. I wore them when I was younger because back then I didn't think about style as much. But I do think about it now that I'm older, which is why I won't be caught dead in one anymore. I'm not really one to tell people what to wear, or at least I try not to be, so I don't really care if other people wear them. But I definitely wouldn't wear one.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It doesn't bother me if people wear clothes like that, unless they only wear them to show off their muscles. It is a look that does suit some people, but it is definitely not a look for everybody. It can get hot in the summer, so a long sleeve shirt might be a little bit hot.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It can get hot in the summer, so a long sleeve shirt might be a little bit hot.
While I don't speak for everyone, as a black male who wears long sleeved black shirts and rides bikes in the sun without drinking water, I really cannot fathom (myself) wearing tank tops even in the heat. Just seeing them are horrible. :/

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
It really, really bothers me when I look at someone who's wearing those kind of clothes. Overall, they look stupid. I mean, it's so tight and exposing which I really hate so much. Sometimes, my mom would force me wear those clothes and I'll end up look really stupid. It just doesn't fit on how I look and the style is just... no.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I wear tank tops only when I need to show my muscles to the babes. ;) :nod: Ok, so I wear them when I wanna feel relaxed. They're alright to me, I mean, it's just clothing. *Shrugs*

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I wear them all, really. :P I mean, people like to think it's people being too revealing or whatever; no, my primary reason for wearing them is it's absolutely boiling outside. I'm not going to wear a long-sleeve shirt or something and just melt inside of it just because some people don't like it. So, yeah, I don't mind them. If it's hot outside, I'll wear whatever.

And I don't go to the gym to keep this killer figure to cover it up. ;) ;) :reggieface:

Dan

I wear them all, really. :P I mean, people like to think it's people being too revealing or whatever; no, my primary reason for wearing them is it's absolutely boiling outside. I'm not going to wear a long-sleeve shirt or something and just melt inside of it just because some people don't like it. So, yeah, I don't mind them. If it's hot outside, I'll wear whatever.

And I don't go to the gym to keep this killer figure to cover it up. ;) ;) :reggieface:

Well in my eyes it's all or nothing ol'bean, if you see where I'm getting at. *Dan spins his chair around to the males, and winks*

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Hey...
I used to wear tank tops all the time.

But, seriously, people can wear what that want, and... c'mon, tank tops? If they were in PJ bottoms and slippers I might look at them funny, but tank tops...? There's nothing wrong with them.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I don't wear any of those. I always make sure my shirts have sleeves on them. I don't like wearing thin straps. I feel very uncomfortable. Forget about strapless.

Same with shorts or skirts. If it's over my knees, I don't wear it. Simple.

During very hots days during summer time, I wear cut-sleeves, and jeans. I don't find the heat an excuse to wear mini shorts. It's not for me.

I have somewhat gotten used to others wearing it. Strapless doesn't disturb me anymore. But people wearing low necks, or mini shorts and skirts still makes me feel uncomfortable.

I would stop them if I could, but people have a choice of what to wear, and I respect that. Yet I would still prefer if they cover themselves up a bit more :P

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
It doesn't really bother me on other people, though I personally don't always feel comfortable in those types of clothing. I usually wear tshirts, or something that has at least a little sleeve. I occasionally wear tank tops, but usually it's tshirts. They're never super tight either.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I wear tank tops whenever I can at home. Of course, I typically won't wear a tank top out in public because some people find it somewhat indecent. And I personally don't like seeing some people wear tank tops either, usually because it can make an ordinary fellow look like he's from "the hood" and all. I don't see a problem, though, because tank tops are very non-threatening on a skinny preppy asian boy.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
After living in Florida for most of my life, I've just grown accustomed to wearing tank tops on a day-to-day basis. Even when I moved up north, despite how cold it got, I still wore tanks tops -- even in the winter. Hell, I'm wearing one right now! As you can see, I clearly have no problem with anyone that wants to wear this type of clothing. So long as they're not exposing anything they shouldn't, then let them wear whatever they please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom