• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tactful methods to address someone's body odor?

Dan

Guys got a big issue that's been plaguing me for a while. Someone I know in reality smells pretty awful, I don't think they've taken a shower in days. Normally I'll place some small tissues in polish and stick them up my nose if body odor gets out of hand but I honestly can't handle this person's body odor what so ever!

Help me forum dwellers! What is a Dan to do? :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Tell him straight up. If people smell bad, I want them to know so they can fix it. Om not afraid to tell people when they release an unfavourable odour. For the good of them and everyone around them.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Tell him straight up. If people smell bad, I want them to know so they can fix it. Om not afraid to tell people when they release an unfavourable odour. For the good of them and everyone around them.

Don't they get angry though? Would I risk being called an insensitive swine by my peers and loved ones?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Might I suggest donning a metal nose filled with a roll of tobacco or lavender as was practice in times of the plague.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Might I suggest donning a metal nose filled with a roll of tobacco or lavender as was practice in times of the plague.

Twas a good practice though i will point out a sponge dampened in Lavender water or Eucalyptus oil is infinitely better.

You can be kind about it and be ineffective or be cruel to be kind and bluntly tell them. It's as simple as that, on both end of the spectrum cruel is by far the better option because at least they know then you are being honest.

Let them know outright. Some people need to know the harsh reality. It's a good way to let people know. Just say it in a polite way.
My friends and family would tell me outright and I'd be like - Ok I'll take a shower, just give me 15 minutes to shower and shave.

They might get insulted a little bit but if they are going out in public like that then you can be saying them a embarrassment. I personally can see not showering daily or at least showering before going out somewhere. If you home for the weekend and just chillin' by your self then maybe go a day without showering. I can't go more then two days without showering.

Anyways if they get so angry and stop talking to you then they are not really your friend. But i rather have my friend tell me I'm funky then got out and have a stranger say you smell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom