• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Symphony of the Goddesses Review

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
Okay, so I attended The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses at the Kravis Center in West Palm Beach last night. And I have to say, I was downright amazed.

However, I sincerely regret listening to the music via YouTube beforehand, as my experience there would have been truly legendary if I had not known what was coming. I strongly advise those of you planning to attend the last few performances not to spoil it for yourselves.

Okay, first off, I knew things would be fun when I arrived in front of the building. The doors were still locked, and there were already two girls cosplaying as Link and Tingle (Tingle was particularly amazing, complete with those weird shades and balloon). Once the doors opened, I explored around the building's lobby. I checked my 3DS, and Streetpass was brimming with Miis at my Plaza Gate. I hung around for about half an hour waiting for the doors to open. Meanwhile, a wide range of people come in. Something that caught my eye was that the dress code was so diverse. The age group consisted of either teens or middle-aged adults... Some people dressed formally, some casually, and some were in costume. It was amazing. Of the costumes there I saw: Several links, in different forms and colored tunics, Tingle, Midna, Link from Wind Waker (with blue lobster tunic on), and Majora's Mask. I was surprised not to see any Zeldas or Ganondorfs.

Once the concert hall doors opened, I was amazed at the size of the theatre. Also, there was a massive television screen above center stage, with beautiful artwork of the hylian shield crest on it. Eventually the show started. If you don't want to hear the way things go down throughout the show, don't read on.

The conductor gave a quick speech and then the creative producer, Jeron Moore, explained how things would get started. They were going to give us an overture, then play a medley of dungeon themes, Kakariko Village, and a medley of ocarina songs. The dungeons were all from the first four Zelda games: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, A Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening. While all scores were decent, the only two that got me on the edge of my seat were A Link to the Past and Zelda II... ESPECIALLY Zelda II. Kakariko Village was played in a very similar fashion to the 25th anniversary CD... actually, the same could be said for the WW and TP movements. The ocarina songs included the Song of Time, Song of Healing, and Song of Storms. Song of Time and Healing were both played how you would expect... eventually they changed slightly when the chorus started singing. But the Song of Storms... it was beautiful. A lone violin began playing the familiar melody... soon, the Orchestra joins in... and once the choir starts singing it becomes unbelievably beautiful(even unrecognizable).

After this, the real show began. They played two movements: OOT and WW. Both performances were stunning, and you're gonna love the way the Bassoonist plays the Pirate's theme for WW. Then we had intermission for about a half hour. After this, they finished up with TP and ALTTP. THIS is where the concert began to shine, especially during ALTTP. But I won't go into detail, as I don't want to spoil too much.

In any case, the night was one of the best I've had in a while, there was a diverse, friendly crowd, and my 3DS was overloaded with visitors via streetpass.

If you plan on going, make sure you don't use youtube to spoil it for yourself like I did, and if you know you're not going, then you HAVE to hear the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom