• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Sws is Starting to Look Darker (MAJOR SPOILER)

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Don't worry about callin' him Debbie, I still do it sometimes because it's easier to remember than Ghir... eh... whatever.

But WOW, I can't believe that nobody thought about using the word "Luciferian" before! It's more fitting than any other term I've seen so far!

Like a fallen angel. How come I never thought of that?

It's cool how a name can match a character's personality and stuff. Ghirahim's name does sound quite luciferian, which further contributes to Skyward Sword's supposed "heaven and hell" overtones.

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
It's cool how a name can match a character's personality and stuff. Ghirahim's name does sound quite luciferian, which further contributes to Skyward Sword's supposed "heaven and hell" overtones.

Oh, for sure. Not to sound overly-Christian here, but there really is a lot of (intended or not) Biblical allegory, apparently, in the story (or what little we know of the story so far).

The destined hero from the Sky looks down upon the world below, and sees it overrun with evil, so he steps down out of Skyloft to vanquish the evil. A Messianic character, if ever I've seen one.

Ghirahim, who, like I mentioned, is totally Luciferian in nature, seems to be, obviously, the character meant to represent Satan; Lucifer, the devil, etc. A fallen angel; evil, no doubt, but perhaps not always like that. He looks too (like people have said) FABULOUS to be an evil wretch. ;)

Just an idea. I can't wait to play it. :3

I don't know if the game itself is dark such as the plot or the atmosphere (cause from what I've seen so far it isn't) but the dialogue most certainly is. Especially that creepy tongue thing Ghirahim does. Eeeeeick.

Just because of that tongue thing and his talk of bloodshed I already think he's creepier than any redead/dead hand and Majora all put together. *shudders*

Last edited:

Lupine

Sacred Beast
I don't know if the game itself is dark such as the plot or the atmosphere (cause from what I've seen so far it isn't) but the dialogue most certainly is. Especially that creepy tongue thing Ghirahim does. Eeeeeick.

Just because of that tongue thing and his talk of bloodshed I already think he's creepier than any redead/dead hand and Majora all put together. *shudders*

My thoughs exactly ^ :)

I'm really loving the dialogue. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just weird like that.

I really think that Debbie here would not hesitate to murder Link, nor anyone else who stands in his way.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Nothing weird in loving the dialogue, Lupine, it's very well written, after all.

It shows a lot of personality, too. The dialogue in the demo really merges perfectly with Debbie's mannerisms and the overall scene, makeig a very strong impression. Those are signs of huge attention to detail on the developer's part. Promising.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
The detail in the past games didn't fully satisfy me somehow... but here, I'm extremely happy with it. I think that all the details added to a scene, such as environment, actions, and dialogue really make the picture. I love how Ghirahim would twiddle his fingers in satisfaction after giving Link a fright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom