• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword More Effective in Different Places?

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
Do you think it'd be cool that in Skyward Sword using the Wii Motion Plus, you'd be able to swing your sword at different parts of the enemy. It would be much more effective in differnt areas. For example if you attacked the enemy in the arm or the leg it wouldn't do much damage, though if you go for the head or chest it would be more effective. Though I know some enemys you have to attack in a certain spot but what about the unguarded ones like Bokoblins?

What are your thoughts on this?

That sounds very difficult to pull off, but it might work...on certain enemies; preferably large ones.

Video games in the shooting genre usually do this with projectile weapons, but I don't recall ever seeing it done with a melee weapon such as a sword-unless one is against a rather large enemy whose various weak points can be easily...accessed(?)-in the Adventure genre (like Zelda).

Otherwise, it seems like the player would have to be very...meticulous(?), which seems to me like too much of a hassle that Nintendo or I'm not ready for in a Zelda game. ...I dunno.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
It would be interesting, and the skultullas in the demos seem to somewhat have that quality, because a stab seemed to be the only way to hurt them.

Unless you mean like Goldeneye 007 for the 64, where hitting them in the leg actually paralyzed the enemies and in the head... well, everybody will figure that one out.

That sounds very difficult to pull off, but it might work...on certain enemies; preferably large ones.

Video games in the shooting genre usually do this with projectile weapons, but I don't recall ever seeing it done with a melee weapon such as a sword-unless one is against a rather large enemy whose various weak points can be easily...accessed(?)-in the Adventure genre (like Zelda).

Otherwise, it seems like the player would have to be very...meticulous(?), which seems to me like too much of a hassle that Nintendo or I'm not ready for in a Zelda game. ...I dunno.

I agree.

It kinda seems unnecessary. The new fighting style is new and I'm sure grasping it will take just about everybody some time.

i believe it can be done to a certain extent like what if it'll remove there armor in that spot opening a new weak spot, this was kind of done in TP when you fought the knight in the temple in the sacred grove

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom