• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Custom Stage Tournament!

funnier6

Courage~
Welcome to the ZD Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Custom Stage tournament! I’m your returning host, funnier6. This time around we thought it’d be fun to duke it out on your own lovingly hand made stages! This thread is where you sign up, read the rules, and post results from each match. The winner of this tournament will receive our supah cool smash ball medal (
15_1424335237l.jpg
)! So extravagant! Below are the specific rules and details. Please read them before signing up.

Format
◦ Bracket style
◦ Best two out of three
◦ Roughly 4 days per round
Rules
◦ This will be the standard rule set:
▪ 3 stock battle
▪ 8 minute stock timer
▪ Spirits OFF
▪ Final Smash Meter OFF
▪ Items ON
▪ Handicap OFF
▪ Stage hazards ON

◦ In the case of the match timer running out, the player with more stocks wins. If stocks are the same, then whoever survives sudden death wins.
◦ All fighters including DLC fighters are allowed.
List of allowed items are as follows:

• Smash Ball
  • Sandbag
  • Food
  • Maxim Tomato
  • Heart Container
  • Super Mushroom
  • Metal Box
  • Bunny Hood
  • Beam Sword
  • Star Rod
  • Lip's Stick
  • Fire Bar
  • Ray Gun
  • Super Scope
  • Steel Driver
  • Staff
  • Green Shell
  • Bumper
  • Freezie
  • Mr. Saturn
  • Smart Bomb
  • Soccer Ball
  • Boomerang
  • Franklin Badge
  • Screw Attack
  • Back Shield
  • Super Leaf
  • Rocket Belt
  • Crate
  • Rolling Crate
  • Barrel
  • Capsule
  • Party Ball
  • Grass
All other items are prohibited.

Match Procedure

1. Rules for the arena are set to the above.
2. Both participants set preferred stage to one of YOUR OWN custom stages (it must be one you made yourself, not one downloaded from the Shared Content page).
3. Both participants choose a fighter.
4. Participants will fight until one of them wins two matches. NO RULES WILL CHANGE BETWEEN MATCHES. Fighters may be changed.
5. Both participants take a screenshot of the victory screen to provide proof of the victor in this thread. A TO will update the bracket accordingly.

Other Points

◦ Make sure your opponents are registered as friends on your Switch. Check the Friend Code thread or get the codes directly from them.
◦ Be sure to have the latest update for your game downloaded and installed (version 3.1.0) so you can play online. You must also have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription, of course.
◦ If an opponent does not respond for setting up a time for the match for 36 hours, contact one of the TOs. We will attempt to contact the player too; if the player does not respond for another 24 hours, you will win the match by default.
◦ If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules they will be disqualified.
▪ Cheating includes but is not limited too: unsportsmanlike play, excessive spamming, self-destructing on purpose, camping, stalling, and using any match rules outside of what is defined. @funnier6 or @Azure Sage may be spectating some matches, so play fair. *In circumstances where a win or loss is contested, @funnier6 should be contacted to mediate the situation.

Creative Smashers:
  1. Azure “The Big Cheese” Sage
  2. Moe the kawaii anime grill woof Moblin
  3. Princess Skitty
  4. Attila the Punch
  5. The Terminator
  6. Doctor Pain
  7. BWWAAAAAAAALUIGI
  8. Smashier64

Last edited by a moderator:

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
so we have to build a stage in order to be in the tournament? can you explain any details or rules about the actual stage builder part? I feel like it was glossed over? should stages meet any specific requirements?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
so we have to build a stage in order to be in the tournament? can you explain any details or rules about the actual stage builder part? I feel like it was glossed over? should stages meet any specific requirements?
You kinda have to use your best judgement. Like, you should be able to fight reasonably well on it (no cages or lava floors or free falls). Like, as long as you got a stable platform that you can be launched from, it should be good.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don’t have a custom stage made yet, but I’m down to play.

And funnier said I can ban anyone who’s mean to me, and that includes beating me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom