• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 For Wii U

Would you want Nintendo to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 for Wii U?

• Yes, absolutely the first 2 were amazing and the HD would be groundbreaking!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Super Mario Galaxy is being overused.

• I don't really care.

• Total voters

Roy

I can agree with Fig with his statement above but I have finally realized that SMG was supposed to be 1 game but Nintendo wanted the Wii to have 1 more jolt of energy before the world thought it was going to fade (But DKCR, Epic Mickey and so many more made sure that did not happen) That is why Nintendo made a sequel. But if were lucky there will be a Trilogy.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Super Mario Galaxy was a great game, and I put it up there as the best platformer I've ever played next to (if we aren't including Mario titles) Psychonauts. The concept is beautiful, the game was beautiful, the physics were beautiful, everything about that game was gorgeous.

Of course, then came along Super Mario Galaxy 2. It was also an extremely gorgeous game, but my question is "Did it really justify a $50 purchase (assuming you got it new) if you adored the first game to death?" My answer would probably be no. It was still very exciting to play, but it felt very similar to the first game, maybe even different in a little bit of a bad way. Unlike the first game, which was designed specifically with a celestial feel (hence the galaxy part), Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt very flat, almost like Super Mario 3D Land (I haven't played the title, so I can't judge). So, a Super Mario Galaxy 3 would leave me a bit uneasy.

Now, if Nintendo was to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 more celestial than just have platforms randomly placed that you can warp to, then I'll be the happy camper I was with the first title. ^^

I agree with you 100%. I loved the celestial atmosphere Super Mario Galaxy had to offer. They kind of lost that atmosphere and feel in the second game. When I picked up a copy of Super Mario 3D land, it looked very similar to Super Mario Galaxy 2. I was really shocked, and a part of me was disappointed. That's why I think continuing the series with an installment that follows most of the concepts of the first game, the Galaxy series should be in good shape. ^^

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm unsure. I loved one but found 2 to be a downgrade with it's hub world and less reliance on story. If the game can match the depth of one, I am in full support.

S

Schizo

I'm kinda in between on this. I did enjoy playing Galaxy 2, but it felt too much like a rehash of Galaxy 1 while taking advantage of everyone's love of New SMB Wii by adding practically the same map interface. A third one would have to be drastically different with new gameplay elements, which would seem to just call for a totally new series anyway. That being said I'd probably still buy a Galaxy 3.

I wouldn't like to see another Galaxy game on the WiiU, every generation has brought us new mario experiences and i dont want the WiiU to stray form that considering its nintendo's first HD console, Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine were very solid and appealing installments but we never got sequels to them, yet we did for Galaxy and even though Galaxy 2 was primarily the ideas left out of number one, particularly the inclusion of Yoshi, i dont think it'd be wise to see the same game again... perhaps for the 3DS a version of mario galaxy could be a reality but for a mainstage such as a home HD console, the next Mario game, much like Zelda, needs a gameplay design and mechanic and theme that really shows off what the console can do and i dont think mario galaxy could do that without getting a backlash for being repetitive from critics and in all probability, the fans who want it.

Roy

I wouldn't like to see another Galaxy game on the WiiU, every generation has brought us new mario experiences and i dont want the WiiU to stray form that considering its nintendo's first HD console, Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine were very solid and appealing installments but we never got sequels to them, yet we did for Galaxy and even though Galaxy 2 was primarily the ideas left out of number one, particularly the inclusion of Yoshi, i dont think it'd be wise to see the same game again... perhaps for the 3DS a version of mario galaxy could be a reality but for a mainstage such as a home HD console, the next Mario game, much like Zelda, needs a gameplay design and mechanic and theme that really shows off what the console can do and i dont think mario galaxy could do that without getting a backlash for being repetitive from critics and in all probability, the fans who want it.

I 100% completely agree but for Nintendo to do that they will need to make a sequel to 64. Maybe Peach moved out of her old castle for a new one that is 3 times bigger and can be used as a norm for future Mario games. Bowser found out and stole all the stars from peaches old castle and hid them all in the new castles paintings. New castle Means new worlds to explore. Bring in some power ups from galaxy, flood for a few levels and the normal power ups from the original. Bring some staple bosses from some games like bob omb king, King boo, Petey Parahna, and all of the Bowser kids. Also bring in Luigi. This would be the best Mario Platform-er alive

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I say no Galaxy 3, but instead an indirect sequel to Galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom