• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Bros 3 VS. Super Mario World

Which is your favorite?

• Super Mario Bros 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario World

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

ShireGamer

I personally think Super Mario World is better because it overwhelmed me with many amazing levels and especially the secrets. Also it was my first Mario game though at nearly the same time I was playing Super Mario All-stars on the SNES so yea.

I never saw the appeal in Super Mario 3, I had the all stars game on Snes with mario 1, 2,3, the lost levels, super mario world and possibly something else but Super Mario World was the one that blew me away the most, i loved the over world map i loved yoshi and the Cape Feather, the Fire Flower was awesome too and the levels were a lot of fun. I'm aware Mario 3 implemented the world map first but i didn't like the physics of the game, i didn't like the Tanooki power up or the frog suit. Some levels were legendary like the air ships and the music was great but Super Mario world was the best one for me. With Mario 2 being the worst, i hate that game.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I have beaten both of these games numerous times, and I have always enjoyed Super Mario World more than Super Mario Bros. 3, though the latter is undoubtedly a great game too. Super Mario Bros. The levels had more variety to them, and the secret levels were great. I loved the red colored levels where I would have to find the key and lock, or the unforgettable secret finish behing the normal finish. I loved the overworld design and layout, seeing that it was huge and interconnected. Super Mario Bros. 3 had interesting themed worlds (Giant World!), but Super Mario World's map was more interesting to me. Super Mario World also seemed to expand and keep expanding, as it had a Star World, and a Special World, which gave players extra difficulty in the levels. Some of those Special World Levels are TOUGH (Tubular, I'm looking at you). Both games had good final Bowser fights, but I liked Super Mario World's three-staged Bowser battle more.

So all in all, they're both among the best Mario games, but Super Mario World just had a bit more than Super Mario Bros. 3 that makes me love that game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've never understood the buzz about SMB3. It's a good game, but some people treat it like it's the greatest game ever made and it has no flaws. Well, that's not true. I also don't get the big deal about the Tanouki Tail. It's cute and all, but... it's annoying to control. The cape in World was SO much better. The game also just looks ugly. But I digress...

Anyway, I've always preferred World over 3, and I also believe it to be the superior of the two. I'll admit that I have a wadload (style points for making up a word) of nostalgia for the game, but that doesn't affect my judgement in this situation at all. (Seriously.) :/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've beaten both games numerous times and I have to say I prefer World over 3 for the simple fact that World gave and continues to give a much easier time. I don't know, maybe Mario has less traction in 3 than in World, but I continually run into enemies or maybe Mario is affected by air resistance because somehow I miss a jump that I could've sworn was timed perfectly (I play SMB liek a baws). I don't know what exactly it is, but World just played better than 3.

Both are examples of how 2D Marios should stay, however. The level design is spectacular in each respective installment, and I feel that if anything Nintendo should hearken back to these two titles for being stellar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom