• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario 3D World Discussion Thread

Salem

SICK
I like the fact that Super Mario World Goombas and the charging Chucks were brought back for this game, I thought Nintendo forgot about them.

I would have preferred collecting Stars to touching goal posts in the 3d Mario games, but I can live with that.

Did anyone expect this game to have same screen multiplayer? You know, before it was revealed.

I hope we have better camera control, it was the bane of 3D gaming since it was popularised.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Comparing it within the franchise, it looks great! There's nothing really much to say about it, it's a simple Mario platformer with colourful, imaginative environments and it looks like a lot of fun, especially with friends. I can imagine the same loud levels that happened when we all played New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii. :P Always was a blast. Made those games a lot more enjoyable.

And comparing it to everything else on offer right now, I'm not particularly excited for it. No doubt it'll be good and I'll enjoy it, and it'll be well-made, but, meh. Just not exciting to me now, same ol' Mario. And I really hope the camera controls are good.

Big Octo

=^)
A full-multiplayer 3D title is an interesting concept. The gameplay seems familiar, being essentially what 3D Land was and more. I'm sure it'll be a good game.

However, it doesn't have my confirmed purchase, at least, right now. Honestly, I still prefer the "find the star" formula for 3D Mario games instead of getting to the end goal. To me, this adds more replayability which makes the game more enjoyable. Even though it looks promising, I'll pass on this game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Of course we're all disappointed that we're getting 3D Land 2.0 rather than Super Mario Galaxy (or Sunshine, or 64) 3.0. But that all aside, I'm excited for Cat Mario. I love running up walls - I can't do it myself but in video games it's so exciting! My only fear is that the game will continue with the current Mario trend: too many 1-UPs and no fear of gaming over.

I'm excited for it. The only star-collecting 3D Mario I really, really dug was Sunshine (I enjoyed all the others, don't get me wrong), so I don't mind this being a successor to 3D Land.

The graphics are pretty.

I like the music.

Having four different characters to choose from again could only be a good thing.

I'm kind of skeptical of the co-op, but I'll have to wait until I try it with my brothers (or whoever) to make a judgement.

Also, I wish they'd go back to making a sort of mini-game out of the goal post, a la Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. It was a small feature, really, but it went a long way for me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Also, I wish they'd go back to making a sort of mini-game out of the goal post, a la Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. It was a small feature, really, but it went a long way for me.
Same. I always played the little thing not because it was really IN DEPTH but because seeing bonuses and more numbers on screen just evoked a stronger response from me. ^^

Fig

The Altruist
I personally am going to enjoy playing Super Mario 3D World with what we have seen from the trailers and director's development videos and whatnot. The game actually reminds me of Super Mario Bros. 2 when I was little. I can't wait to play with all of my friends, assuming that one of them doesn't mind play as Princess Peach. Speaking of Peach, since Peach will be a playable character, does it mean that the main villain will not be Bowser this time?

To me it would make a lot of sense that Bowser should not appear in this game. Wartz replaced Bowser for only SMB2, but I was just wondering the possibilities that could mean of a different villain than Bowser himself.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
lmfao, well done, JJ.

This game is looking fabulous, but not high on my list. I'm just looking forward to play other games a lot more. Regardless, four player co-op in a 3D Mario is beautiful. I hope I can play as Luigi in single player. :puppy:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom