• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sunny Day Ludicolo - Is It Possible?

So, I've been trying to build a really unique team - a Sunny Day Team with 3 main Pokemon, being Fire, Grass, and Water types. Because it's a sunny day team, obviously it was hard finding a good Water type.

Now, for sunny day teams, I love the standard Leech Seed + Substitute abuser. It's even better when they have Synthesis available, which is why I love Bellossom for this role so much, but I took a look at Ludicolo, and he almost seems like a better fit for this role, due to his typing.

Ludicolo (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 140 HP / 240 Def / 128 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- SolarBeam
- Synthesis

His ability isn't Bellossom's (Chlorophyll), so it doesn't really help him in the sun, but speed isn't really necessary for a stall set like this. I just wanted to get your guy's opinions on this. He doesn't outspeed everything that he could possibly go up against, like Bellossom, but he's considerably more bulky than Bellossom.

D

Deleted member 6224

A sunnday Ludicolo would only be useful with Chlorophyll, same with Shiftry.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
A sunnday Ludicolo would only be useful with Chlorophyll, same with Shiftry.

It does not mean its impossible. And like he said in his post, he is aware that Chlorophyll would be more usefull but still he's trying to figure something out my making it unpredicable yet usefull.

Back to you Zenox, IMO i think the base speed stat of Ludicolo sucks so much, thats not quite worth to invest a nature and EV's. Personally i would rather go for a Bold nature (+def/-atk) and not invest any EV's into the speed stat. Give it a quick claw prehaps, and it also might come in handy of someone want to pull of a Trick Room on you.

-Oh yeah, Own tempo ability might also come in handy in double or triple battles if a other pokemon know Flatter. But there are only a few pokemon that can learn it.
-This ability can also be handy if an other pokemon in your team can learn Skill Swap. If you Skill Swap Ludicolo, you can give him an advantageous abilty like Chlorophyll, and the pokemon who used Skill Swap will obtain Own Tempo, which is good. Why you ask? Ludicolo can have the breed move Teeter Dance. It confuses all pokemon around him (like earthquake range). You get the strategy right?

NOTE: Only pokemon who can learn Skill Swap and Chlorophyll is Exeggutor. But there are more advantageous abilities, be creative.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flatter_(move)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Teeter_Dance_(move)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Skill_Swap_(move)

---------------------------------------
Other alternative water type for a Sunny day can be:
Milotic
Reason: Milotic can take a hit from grass and electric moves due to its defensive stats. The base speed stat is better compared to Ludicolo.

-Use flame orb if you have marvel scale ability (def x1.5 if confilcted when induced with a status)
-Use Leftovers if you have hidden ability Cute Charm (opponent has a 30% chance of being induced with ATTRACT when using an attack, that requires physical contact)

Also it has a wider range of good defensive, supportive and stat reducing moves:
Aqua Ring
Recover
Toxic
Substitute
Attract
Safeguard
Light Screen
Tickle (pre-evolution move)
Mirror Coat (breed move)
Confuse Ray (breed move)
Hypnosis (breed move)
Mud Sport (breed move)
Icy wind (Move tutor in Pt/HG/SS)
Magic Coat (Move tutor HG/SS)

Role play (Move tutor HG/SS) This one copies the abilty of the selected pokemon. Meaning you can copy also from ally pokemon in double or triple battles, like Chlorophyll. Unlike Skill Swap, you have a much wider variety since you have more choices to copy from.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Role_Play_(move)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom