• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sunflower Seeds Yay or Nay?

Do you eat sunflower seeds?

• Yay hulled(no shell)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Yay with the shell

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Depends(specify)

• Nay

• Total voters
Ironically, I just happened to be eating some BiGS Dill Pickle Flavored sunflower seeds when I though of this. Who else likes eating sunflower seeds? Do you prefer eating them hulled(without the shells? Got any particular brand/flavor?
------------------------------
Currently eating some with the shell now so "Yay"

Brand wise, I'm used to both David Sunflower Seeds and BiGS Sunflower Seeds

Flavors, I ain't picky,

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Chewing through the shells and cleaning them up afterwards is such a pain in the ass for so little reward that I can’t be bothered to eat them with shells. At least peanuts are larger than the size of an ant, so it’s actually possible to gain calories from eating them regardless of the shell.

Without shells is a lot simpler, but they just don’t taste as good as when they’re seasoned in the shell.

So for me it is a reluctant nay.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ironically, I just happened to be eating some BiGS Dill Pickle Flavored sunflower seeds when I though of this. Who else likes eating sunflower seeds? Do you prefer eating them hulled(without the shells? Got any particular brand/flavor?

I absolutely love sunflower seeds! I prefer them with the shells, roasted and salted. I fold up an origami box for the shells. I like Cypressa seeds which are a Greek brand but there are some other good ones from the Asian store as well.

I also like the shelled variety if i need to get calories in fast. I either blend them into my protein shake or eat by the handful.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Big nay from me.
I don't really like them myself, but I dislike it even more when other people are eating them. I have memories of other people eating them in the hallways at school and just making a mess with the shells. But the worst part is the smell... It's not overly pungeant, but they still have a smell that is reminiscent of urine...

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
What I like doing sometimes with sunflower seeds is Mixing them with thawed frozen corn, black beans and cooking them in butter (Usually in a slow cooker) with a fair to decent amount of Cayenne Pepper. I sometimes make it as a side dish for Thanksgiving.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I sometimes eat sunflower seeds, specifically the ones with the salted shells. That's mainly because I'm addicted to salt, so I eat all the salt off the shell and then I feel obligated to eat the actual sunflower seed. Weird? Yes. But salt is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom