• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupid Things You Were Scared of As a Child

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
We all have those things that aren't scary at all that scared us to death in our upbringing. Whether it be the Fooglies from Spy Kids (actually those are kinda creepy), the flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz, or Redeads, we've all got em. So what were you scared of?

Me, I watched Gremlins when I was 7 and it literally destroyed me. It scared me to death and I couldn't even live for the next 2 years :P

When I was very young, my uncle and older brother made me think that a gorilla mask under the bed was a tarantula. Now that I think about it, that may have started my arachnophobia.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Love, I use to hate the idea that the people you love are going to die one day

Thankfully I got over that:)

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
When I was little, I used to always be afraid that a mummy would come after me in my sleep.

I used to also be afraid of shows like Scooby-Doo and Courage the Cowardly Dog. The funny thing was, I would still watch them anyway because I really liked them.

I was also afraid of the power going out. I don't know why, but it just scared me to death.

The funniest thing I was afraid of was getting my feet ran over by the vacuum cleaner. I think this sprouted from one of my brothers running over my foot with a rolling chair while he was sitting in it on purpose when I was 3.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Remember that film Small Soldiers? Yeah that scared the crap out of me.

I loved the film, but damn it also scared me. I remember I was around 5 at the time when I got a set of the action figures from the film and one specific one [Nick Nitro] really freaked me out. Due to the fact I was young and gullible, I thought they were gonna come alive and tie me up in the middle of the night.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I had a fear that tops all of this.

THE VEGGIETALES THEME SONG.

NO LIE.

IT LITERALLY GAVE ME NIGHTMARES ONCE.

I FREAKING WIN.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well with a mom who told me that I would be killed off by vampires if I wasn't in a deep sleep before 11pm when I was 6 and who made me watch the Exorcist at the age of 12 it was almost scary to even admit that something scared me o_O But I used to be scared of Dracula, these monsters in Ghostbusters and maybe some monsters I can't even recall. Strangely enough the gremlins in Gremlins didn't scare me after I saw it in the theaters a long long time ago.

Dan

I was scared of many stupid things when I was a child, mostly stupid people. To this day I'm still scared of them, pretty stupid huh. :I

Salem

SICK
I used to be really scared of the dark, it's like as long as there's a little bit of light, I'm cool, but if it's too dark, I lose it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom