• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stuck on last key in water temple

Hi

I have the long shot and went through the gate with the eye. Water level is medium. When I try to push the block past the green but if floor to get the Chevy behind it just won’t let me push or pull. Is this a glitch?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Hi

I have the long shot and went through the gate with the eye. Water level is medium. When I try to push the block past the green but if floor to get the Chevy behind it just won’t let me push or pull. Is this a glitch?
hah?? i cant read this??

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Are you playing the original version or the 3DS remake?

I know exactly the key you're referring to. You first need to pull that block as far as you can after you longshot through the grate. It'll lock in place so you can't move it anymore from that angle. Turn around and use the Longshot to get back up to the main room. Return to the grate, make that adventurer grate take an arrow to the eye and longshot across, follow the corridor again and now you'll be able to push the block from a different angle to access the room with the chest.

Sounds like the issue you're having is you may not have noticed the longshot target behind you when you pull the block out. You could also save and reboot the game to return instantly the main room after the block is pulled.

Reiquel

Pilot of Evangelion Unit 00
The ascending unlock arpeggio does not play after you've pulled the block all the way back, but it does after you've pushed it into place the next time through the grate:

So make sure you pull it all the way back. I think the 3DS water temple is easier to navigate in general than on N64. Also see the section "~ Last Small Key ~" here:

Last edited:
Thanks. I don’t know what you mean by grate as there is not grate around here. I THINK this is where I’m stuck but not sure (can’t push or pull the block). Can’t get to the chest or through locked door on 1st floor :)

MW7

The passageway that is on the south with the eye switch and gate when the water is medium height can also be reached from the east top level. You have to move the block from multiple directions. Watch this video starting at about 1:30.

Thanks for this. Doh I’ve actually already done this and used this key but there’s a locked door on 1st floor left and I’ve run out of keys been absolutely everywhere including under the platform in the room with the teeth. I think there must be a glitch as literally have opened all key chests now. Am close to giving up LOL

Reiquel

Thanks for this. Doh I’ve actually already done this and used this key but there’s a locked door on 1st floor left and I’ve run out of keys been absolutely everywhere including under the platform in the room with the teeth. I think there must be a glitch as literally have opened all key chests now. Am close to giving up LOL

New glitches have been discovered in this game years after release so I'm not gonna say it's impossible you're encountering one but I don't have much other advice without having an exhaustive list of the floor number/room locations of every key chest you've opened.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Did you possibly miss the key beneath the central tower? It's the most commonly missed one.

Inside the central tower, where you switch the water level to the middle, there's a hidden room beneath where the floating platform was. The game doesn't make it very clear that it's there. Go in the tower, make the water go to the middle level if it isn't already, then put on the iron boots and go under water. There should be a hidden hole somewhere around where the door is.

This key is by far the most often missed in the game, probably in the whole series. The 3DS version pans over this secret room but I don't think the original does.

Reiquel

Did you possibly miss the key beneath the central tower? It's the most commonly missed one.

Inside the central tower, where you switch the water level to the middle, there's a hidden room beneath where the floating platform was. The game doesn't make it very clear that it's there. Go in the tower, make the water go to the middle level if it isn't already, then put on the iron boots and go under water. There should be a hidden hole somewhere around where the door is.

This key is by far the most often missed in the game, probably in the whole series. The 3DS version pans over this secret room but I don't think the original does.

Thanks yes I’ve got this one in the central tower where you sink down below where the platform floats up. Seen this vid too thanks. Really am stuck

MW7

There are six keys: one in the central tower in the passage underneath the floating platform, the one in the medium level of where you met Ruto (east bottom) and need to bomb a wall, the one in the passage with the gate and eye switch, the one at the end of the river after longshot that also has a gate and eye switch, the one in the room with swirling water that you drop into from the end of the river after the longshot (you can get this one much earlier from the bottom west), and the one in the room past where you met Ruto (bottom east) that you open by lighting torches on the bottom floor after lowering the water.

It's not impossible for glitches to happen, but I would check the key behind the bombable wall and the two keys that are near the end of the river after the longshot (behind gate and eye switch and the one in the room with swirling water and the dragon looking statue that has a switch to hit with the hookshot/longshot underwater).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom