• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stress is good

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I agree that stress can be used as a good motivator however there is a line. I don't work a conventional desk 9-5 job I work night shifts in a veterinary practice, which is a 14 hour shift half the time with a completely incompetant vet that the bosses wont do anything about so I get stressed very quickly and its getting to the point now where I hate my job, the man I work with and the bosses for not doing anything, but I'm also starting to hate how moody I'm getting about the whole situation and it's leading to anxiety whenever I know I'm working with him. This stress isn't being caused because I'm lazy it's becuase I'm trying to do a good job but I'm tied down by being "just a nurse" that can't do anything without vet consent but my vet is too **** to give consent. (rant over sorry guys it's bugging me)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Its only bad for people who are inactive and likely to develop heart attack. With stress your heart pumps and boils. So i find it insane why some say its bad? Maybe its because people work at offices behind the desk and maybe they don't visit a fitness center after work? I am just wondering if thats the reason.

The existence of the military says no.

I'm... I'm not even really sure where else to take this post. This thread's opening post is utter nonsense. No, stress is not somehow exclusive to the unfit, and no, stress does not cause your heart to "pump and boil".

@spyro
If you ever manage to build some sort of device that transfers all my stress to you, give me a call and it's yours, no questions asked.

Misty

Ronin
I'm not of the belief that people who tend to be stressed are more likely to be lazy. Hard workers are often stressed and that stress is what drives them to work hard.

Yeah, I gotta give it to Deus on that. I'm a very hard worker and always have been and I'm also highly stressed about my job and doing it well etc. Perfectionists feel stress a lot. And people with desire to please feel stress a lot.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Oh, right, and I meant to post this.

75a6564d833ad48e8629995462dd0ffd04b56804e8ee3a3f98e405f32b7a277a.jpg

Because obviously only the physically unfit have a problem with stress.

Last edited:

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
That makes no sense the s stands for stress in ptsd granted a different kind of stress but still stress. Unless you're just trying to funny :D

Reactions: Dio
Oh, right, and I meant to post this.

75a6564d833ad48e8629995462dd0ffd04b56804e8ee3a3f98e405f32b7a277a.jpg

Because obviously only the physically unfit have a problem with stress.

Oh
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Post_Traumatic_Stress_Disorder

Yeah i had the PTSD in the past, not from war but from psychological abuse on the internet of something sensitive. But i got over it. War may be pretty bad but i tend to think dont seek the bad stuff mentally. Just saying, therapists are abusers if you ask me. Go to a friend or just do something and dont sit around more or less.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Oh
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Post_Traumatic_Stress_Disorder

Yeah i had the PTSD in the past, not from war but from psychological abuse on the internet of something sensitive. But i got over it. War may be pretty bad but i tend to think dont seek the bad stuff mentally. Just saying, therapists are abusers if you ask me. Go to a friend or just do something and dont sit around more or less.

You have never had PTSD

Nothing you have seen on the internet has given you PTSD. Don't pretend you're not in the same boat as warfighters--you aren't even near the boat. And yes, I know PTSD can come from many sources. Violence, trauma, abuse, but your misgivings about the internet do not qualify.

So please tell me how that kind of stress is something you can just get over. I would love to hear your candid, expert opinion. While you're doing that, I'll try and refrain from telling you you're a piece of ****.

Last edited:
Well i think the better word would be long time trauma since PTSD is something one never gets over, but you are mixing psychological issues with stress. I am talking about general stress, not mental instability type of stuff that you have been put into.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Stress is awful. I've suffered from bad stress and anxiety. It's a horrible feeling. Also it has nothing to do with being active/inactive. I've played sports all my life, I go the gym, and I coach tennis. Conclusion: don't listen to OP

But some people also seems to complain about everything and calling it strees. I am not putting into the category of bullying and stuff, its not the same thing you guys are victimizing yourself when stress is purely about pressure in terms of durability. Stop changing it into something that is about your problems jeez :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom