• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stop Spoiling..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
It really does not matter whether you are giving the slightest bit of detail for Skyward Sword, put the "Spoiler" prefix on the topic. Other people obviously have not played it yet. And it isn't like the topic is obviously about Skyward Sword. You read the paragraph and before you know it, you are reading a spoiler.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There's an announcement about spoilers somewhere, and you have to realize that this is a ZELDA site, not an "omg don't spoil me" site. EXPECT to be spoiled, as it is a ZELDA site where discussions actually happen. It isn't inconsiderate of someone to post a thread without spoiler tags if you're on a site that is Zelda centered – discussions have the right to be there and people should be wary of anything from thread titles to thread content.

This is pretty much the reason why I've been disappearing from Zelda sites - to avoid spoilers, because just casually scrolling any site related to Zelda is pretty risky. Honestly though, it's pretty impossible to have a decent conversation without spoilers when everyone's playing the game at their own pace and spoiler-free topic is a hard thing to achieve. (Unless the conversation goes, "Yeah, when *bleep* went to *bleep* and got that *bleep*, I think it was about *bleep*'s *bleep*!" "Oh, but *bleep* should *bleep* and that just doesn't make sense.")

I just think that if you're scared of spoilers then it's up to you how much you wanna risk seeing/reading those spoilers. Naturally Zelda sites are filling with information of spoiler-ish nature.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
This is pretty much the reason why I've been disappearing from Zelda sites - to avoid spoilers, because just casually scrolling any site related to Zelda is pretty risky. Honestly though, it's pretty impossible to have a decent conversation without spoilers when everyone's playing the game at their own pace and spoiler-free topic is a hard thing to achieve. (Unless the conversation goes, "Yeah, when *bleep* went to *bleep* and got that *bleep*, I think it was about *bleep*'s *bleep*!" "Oh, but *bleep* should *bleep* and that just doesn't make sense.")

I just think that if you're scared of spoilers then it's up to you how much you wanna risk seeing/reading those spoilers. Naturally Zelda sites are filling with information of spoiler-ish nature.

Exactly. Like when the Harry Potter books came out, forums made it a rule that you could only discuss the book after a certain amount of time. (Ex; 3 weeks) I know that it's tempting but you have to think about other people. It's honestly GREAT that Skyward Sword has its own section, but anything related to Skyward Sword needs to remain in that section. Period.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Naturally, on a Zelda site, there will be Spoilers. The majority of users here will use Spoiler prefixes, but some will forget from time to time, and when that happens, if the mods catch it, we will add the prefixes. You have to understand that the forums are a "read at your own risk" type thing, but we do try to use the Spoiler prefixes as a courtesy.

In the future, all I can recommend is to look out for the Spoiler prefixes and read the thread titles carefully. If you see a thread that should have a Spoiler prefix but doesn't, feel free to let a mod know.

GerduoDesert said:
It's honestly GREAT that Skyward Sword has its own section, but anything related to Skyward Sword needs to remain in that section. Period.

That's why we do have separate sections. Similar to what I said before, if you see a SS thread out of the Skyward Sword section, feel free to report it to the mods.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
There's an announcement about spoilers somewhere

I've just edited the SS section announcement to mention this aspect. Hopefully it will help the problem at least a bit. Again, as Nicole said, any problem threads can be reported and we will take care of it.

[/posting in closed thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom