• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stone Tower Explanation

There is always one problem I always run into in theories on Stone Tower. How do the Ikana know about the godesses? If their tower was ment to be a symbol of blasphemy toward the godesses of Hyrule, they would obviously have to know about them. In Termina only two people know about Hyrule, Link and the Happy Mask Salesman, and we must assume that they didn't build the tower. So how do the Ikana know about them, are they some sort of interdimensional race, or do they just have immense knowledge? I think they didn't know about it at all and it's just a coincidence. Nintedo just threw in all the stange things for two reasons: to make it seem weird, and to start some theorizing to get more people to buy the game.

My theory on the tower is that it's a shrine to Majora, now I know that many people share my thoughts on this, but mine will have nothing to do with the godesses. We know that most everything in Termina has a Hylian counterpart and vise versa, so it would make sense that there would be some sort of triforce for Termina. Keep in mind though that there are four giants, and they are the gods of Termina. All the "triforces" you see on the walls and blocks in Stone Tower don't have three pieces, they have four because the symbol is the same color of the blocks so we can infer that there is now empty space in the middle. The tower was meant to be blasphemy toward the giants and their power, not toward the godesses.

You can tell that it's meant to worship Majora because you see images of the mask and his face more than any other dungeon. Majora's realm, the desert can only be accessed by flipping the tower because Majora is a symbol of pure evil in Termina and by flipping the tower the portal becomes the gateway to hell. Where the portal goes to when the tower isn't flipped, I don't know and I'd like to see what you think about it. Since the tower is meant to worship Majora, and the tower was built by the Ikana, we can infer that the Ikana is the dark tribe of Termina and is paralell to the dark tribe of Hyrule. I hope this made some sort of sense and I'd like to hear what you have to say about all this.

well axel the beast theorized that inika is the termina equivalent of hyrule, and the rest is outside world. my theroy is like that but a little different, termina isn't a alternate dimension, but just another kingdom out side of hyrule the fact that so many people look alike is not a problem. they arn't the same people they could just resemble them. so the tales of the goddeses though out the ages trailed to termina and the inicanians built the tower to try to get to them, was refused and then they started building structures to mock them

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
I really really don't know. To me, Triforce depiction has no place in Termina...but it is there. o_O
I've also read all the Stone Tower insulting the Gods/Goddesses/Triforce things, and I guess it's possible, especially if Stone Tower is where Majora's Mask comes from or such.

But I think Stone Tower hasn't been built by the Ikana people. Not only Ingos du Ikana tells "Hundreds of soldiers from [his] kingdom would not even be able to topple it.", but we also find a Garo Master in it, who knows how the light arrows and the rearranging the world thing work. Garos are people from another kingdom who came to Inkana to spy. So I guess maybe the Garos didn't build the tower, but the Ikanans probably didn't either.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Regardless of who built the tower, the Ikanians occupied it until it was taken over by the Garo when they flipped it with the light arrows.

I like your idea saying that gateway to hell, because at first when the tower's upright, it's a gateway to heaven.

Anyway, I agree with collinbolllin, that Termina is NOT another dimension. That the word of the goddesses spread, but it's so far away, people didn't really believe it. Maybe the word didn't spread that far? Therefore, Termina is another land. They have the Giants, who resemble Gods, to worship. And if Majora appears to have power, people may worship Majora as a God. But the ghosts in Ikana, especially the King, tends to disagree with that. It probably was once built to worship Majora, and the King sealed it. When Majora came back into power, it had the strength to reopen the tower, and spread darkness to the canyon. I think the symbolism is cool, it may imply that the people who built the tower viewed Majora as good. But as time went on, they decided the opposite. Hence, the inversion feature of the tower. Upright = Good Majora
Inverted = Evil Majora

Pinecove

Last Chance

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2009/08/the-great-war-of-ikana.html
The article linked above pretty much sums up my argument.

Interresting theory. I hadn't seen the things like that since :
"But Stone Tower is an impenetrable stronghold. Hundreds of soldiers from my kingdom would not even be able to topple it."
-Igos du Ikana.
I guess the game will never tell us the actual truth...

Then you are denying the manual which states it is a parallel world.
I was pretty sure it was CONFIRMED that it was an alternate diminsion.
Pinecove, you'll be proud of me!
http://forums.zeldainformer.com/topic/5425-japanese-re-translations/page__p__93174&#entry93174
I looked for the said stating, and there's no way to find the original japanese text. Only two english translations of that text. And you know how much a single word can make the whole difference... (in this case, I'd like to see what was the word(s) rendered as "Parallel World")
I personally believe it is a parallel world though. But who knows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom