• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Starting Point

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I was not sure if I should post this in "General Gaming" or not. Did not want to post in the "Timeline" area of the forums because it's not the main point of my post.

I want to play through all of the Zelda games, however, I also want to be able to formulate my own timeline theory as I go along. I have a hunch that the most sane way to do this would to be to start from the beginning, play the games in order of release and then start to forumlate my theories and change them as I go along.

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if I skipped along the line though and played whatever I felt like playing haha.

Does this seem like an okay strategy?

My point is to beat all the games 100% through without using a guide and mean while using my play experience to forumate a timeline.

For the timeline theorists, what works best for you? Do you (did you) play the games in any order and just work from there? Or did you play them in a certain manner, maybe chronological or maybe all handhelds first, etc.?

For general players (non timeline theorists), how did you start? Just jumped right in and started playing or looked at it in a measured way and tried to find a starting point? Why?

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I've been playing Zelda since like 1996, so I've just been playing the games, and it wasn't until about a year ago that I even thought about a timeline. You don't necessarily need to play them in any specific order, as long as you know the story of each and have some knowledge of the game, then you can formulate a timeline. It also helps to look at some other timelines people have made to get started. You don't have to follow it 100%, but it's good to see where the majority of people's heads are at.

Master

Upcoming
To tell you the truth , you don't need to play the games in order to your timeline . I just remember the most Important events of each and every one game . You know the raw data . But if you really want tocheck your timeline over , i would check the smallest details . Like Characters , what they say , ect .

I would put Skyward Sword , then Minish Cap . I didn't buy the theory that minish cap was first , intil they announced Skyward Sword . Then it made sense to me . But we wont know intil Skyward sword comes out so yeah .

figthersword

Hylian Coward
i've been playing zelda series since i was 17 years old (20 recent age) but i never slip on my mind the starting point or should i say starting storyline of zelda series maybe the nintendo company has a main reason for that, maybe after the Skyward sword they gonna tell the real starting point "i hope that will happen"

As for now we should not think that for now, instead thinking of that we should wait the formal announcement of the nintendo company, although im not 100% sure that they'll gonna announce that i still hoping and waiting in the future.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I created my timeline theory after I completed all the games I have (I haven't finished AoL, PH and ST, but their placement in the timeline in pretty obvious). I looked at other's timelines and created mine, which is slightly different from accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom