• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Starting amount of hearts

HeroOfTermina

Obsessively checking this forum since 2015
So Nintendo usually starts the player with 3 hearts. It's been the case for every Zelda game so far...except for Skyward Sword.
Now we don't know at what point the game awards footage takes place, but it shows Link with not 3, not 6, but 5 hearts. As such, I am going to bet my money on 3. That said, you never know what the big N will do, especially with how secretive they are being with this game. Any thoughts?

HeroOfTermina

If this topic has been discussed already, feel free to delete it Admins.

D

Deleted member 14134

Give me 3 hearts and give me more heart pieces to find in the overworld. World will be huge so I expect them to fill it with collectibles.

HeroOfTermina

If I remember correctly TP did this with needing 5 pieces to make a heart. More than the usual 4.
And I'd be perfectly fine if they did that. I just don't want enemies doing a quarter heart of damage in the final dungeon of the game. What ever happened to 2-4 heart damage enemies from ALTTP and OoT?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
3 will do me. SS's enemies did more damage than TP's yet you started with more hearts. I'd like 3 hearts and more damaging enemies.

And I'd be perfectly fine if they did that. I just don't want enemies doing a quarter heart of damage in the final dungeon of the game. What ever happened to 2-4 heart damage enemies from ALTTP and OoT?
ALTTP even with 2-3 heart damage enemies was easy. The easiest Zelda game I've ever played.
OOT, I can agree with you on though. But you did have the choice to make Ganon harder or easier to fight (if you took the half damage fairy or not).

We need to remember this is a Zelda game and not Dark souls. A few hits should not kill Link. But I do agree Link should not be a damage sponge by the end of the game and just laugh at 10 hits his testcles.

For the majority of people 3 hearts is fine as the first dungeon on most Zelda games is easy enough to do with that.
But this is only academic. Zelda 2 started with 4 squares of life but still felt sticky because of the high-ish learning curve till you worked out the ways to beat them. Zelda U needs to feel right early on. The number of hearts you have does not matter if the game's pacing and difficulty curve is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom