• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Wars games

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Star Wars has been around for a long while, and as such, it has a bunch of games spanning nearly all generations of systems. So among all of them, what are some of your favorite ones or ones that you have specific memories of? Any ones that you dislike?
So far the primary Star Wars games I've played are the first two Lego Star Wars games and the PS2 Battlefront games. Lego Star Wars is fine enough but man I adore the Battlefront games. They were easily my most played PS2 games back then behind the GTA games. Battlefront 2 was also the very first game I played online, though of course my older brothers had all the set up for that. I remember I really wanted to get Renegade Squadron but unfortunately my PSP went missing before I was able to. The other main Star Wars game I played was Rebel Strike on GameCube. And....it's ok. I still wanna try out more Star Wars games eventually, both newer and older.

Mido

Version 1
I generally cannot think of any Star Wars games that particularly rubbed me the wrong way perhaps because they may have not left enough of an impression behind. As far as some of the greats, you highlight the big group: Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 and the original Star Wars Battlefront duo. There's a fun, albeit not flashy consistency with Lego games in general; and the original Battlefronts are superb games. While I slightly prefer the original, 2 stands as one of my most played games with stats going into the thousands on my old Xbox. Some other mentions that are worth discussing are Republic Commando, Jedi Outcast, Rogue Leader, and Shadow of the Empire as ones I particularly liked in the past. Even the early 2000s Star Wars - Clone Wars game was a decent one that comes to mind.

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
Has anyone played Star Wars: Apprentice of the Force on the GBA? It’s a pretty decent platformer.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Some of my favorite SW games would probably be the Jedi Knight games, specifically Academy and Outcast. Both really nail the feeling of playing as a Jedi/Sith, and the amount of dope mods for both is awesome. Multiplayer is still active, so that's a great time too.

Other than those, I'd mention Lego Star Wars: the Complete Saga, Rogue Leader, and Battlefront II as very good games as well.

Complete Saga is just dumb cartoonish fun, and even better with a friend.

Rogue Leader's top tier. Very challenging, but addictive. Also an excellent showcase for the GC's graphical capabilities. I really need to play it more, tbh.

Battlefront II is just amazing all around. Solid shooter. The online community for it is pretty active too, so that's nice.

Earlier this year I started playing Knights of the Old Republic for my X Box One. Still in the very beginning where Im trying to shut off various things for my ship to escape from some giant outer space mining station.

My main personal favorite Star Wars games are

the old Return of the Jedi arcade game which is an extra bonus in one of the Gamecube Rogue Squadron games
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III
Super Star Wars
Super Return of the Jedi
Dark Forces II Jedi Knight
Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Clone Wars for XBox/Gamecube
Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron for PSP
Star Wars Force Unleashed Playstation 3
Star Wars Battlefront II Playstation 2

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I've played a number of Star Wars games throughout the years.

Star Wars Episode I Podracer
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Elite Squadron (the bones of Battlefront 3 cobbled together on the PSP)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (and its sequel and its superior PSP port)
Star Wars: Jedi Knight Outcast
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Knights of the OId Republic (and its sequel and its MMO sequel)
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Despite its briefness, I'd call the story mode of Battlefront 2 my favorite of the bunch. It's brief. crisp, and presents the morally contentious Clone Wars from the perspective the clone soldiers who fought in them.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've only played:

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Lego Star Wars The Video Game
Lego Star Wars II The Original Trilogy
Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Jedi: Fallen Order looked interesting from a gameplay standpoint but I have other games I'd rather play.

I absolutely love Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 from the Xbox/PS2 generation. Those are definitely my favorite Star Wars games. I have so many hours spent on them.

I also enjoy Star Wars Episode I: Racer. It's a pretty fun racing game.

I also played the first two Lego Star Wars games and Star Wars Republic Commando, but I did not enjoy those as much.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Since people already mentioned Racer, I thought I'd bring up a fantastic one that was a big part of my childhood. I really liked one called X-Wing Alliance. It has a dedicated fan community that today, over 20 years later has created a complete remaster mod that is nearly finished. Fixing bugs in the game, making the engine function better, adding new features, replacing the old models with better ones. And recently a total conversion recreating the older game Star Wars Tie Fighter was released.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I can't remember the name of the game. But I played a game with my cousin on his ps2.
Games I hate in Star Wars is that **** game it launched on android

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom