• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Star Fragments

It's not to do with how many Lynels you kill- I only killed the Ploymus Mountain one before taking down Ganon and then looking around again found they were all silver. Only silver ones give star fragments, though.

It's not to do with how many Lynels you kill- I only killed the Ploymus Mountain one before taking down Ganon and then looking around again found they were all silver. Only silver ones give star fragments, though.
I can confirm before you do any of the 5 man dungeons Silver Lynels are rare. So rare in fact I have not found any and I've killed Lynel all over the map. I use the camera to make sure I know which colour Lynel I am up against. Just because I've never seen a silver one in game yet.

GFE

On the subject of finding star fragments, I found what seems to be a nearly 100% consistent method of finding one per night. I can't take full credit for the find since I read about the basic concept elsewhere, but that method involved every full moon whereas mine seems to work every night. I'll list the steps below.

1. You have to have completed the quest for Link's house in Hateno village and gotten a bed inside.
2. Warp to Hateno and sleep in Link's bed until night.
3. After awaking, warp to the shrine on the highest of the 2 Dueling Peaks.
4. Immediately after the warp, save the game, hit the Home button, and close the game.
5. After closing the game, restart it right away and load your save (don't shut down the console or put it to sleep).
6. Once it loads, I usually go around behind the shrine, climb to the highest point, and face east toward the Hateno Tower (I usually stand on top of the left statue there just for a good vantage point).
7. A fragment should fall sometime before 3 am.
8. Mark as close to the beam of light as you can with your Sheikah slate and either warp to Hateno Tower or the nearest shrine and go collect.
9. Repeat steps 2-8.

Once you get the hang of it, you can usually get a star fragment every 7-10 minutes (sometimes they fall early and other times late). I only had 2 times out of like 15-20 in a row that one didn't fall. One of those times was after I had put the console to sleep and returned later, and I'm not sure about the other time. Make sure not to move your view once you get settled since it always seems to fall in your field of view. Also, while they should fall, I did have a couple that must have fallen in deep water since the beam of light never appeared after they landed, and I had another few that when I approached the beam, they fell through the ground upon spawning as part of a glitch (I've experienced this several times, and it is very frustrating because of their rarity. I hope they fix this.). I will say that I have the Switch version of the game, so I can't guarantee this will work on the Wii U. It could also be game specific for all I know, but I seriously did this time after time with success. Let me know how it works for you, and good luck on the farming!
:gletsgo:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
On the subject of finding star fragments, I found what seems to be a nearly 100% consistent method of finding one per night. I can't take full credit for the find since I read about the basic concept elsewhere, but that method involved every full moon whereas mine seems to work every night. I'll list the steps below.

1. You have to have completed the quest for Link's house in Hateno village and gotten a bed inside.
2. Warp to Hateno and sleep in Link's bed until night.
3. After awaking, warp to the shrine on the highest of the 2 Dueling Peaks.
4. Immediately after the warp, save the game, hit the Home button, and close the game.
5. After closing the game, restart it right away and load your save (don't shut down the console or put it to sleep).
6. Once it loads, I usually go around behind the shrine, climb to the highest point, and face east toward the Hateno Tower (I usually stand on top of the left statue there just for a good vantage point).
7. A fragment should fall sometime before 3 am.
8. Mark as close to the beam of light as you can with your Sheikah slate and either warp to Hateno Tower or the nearest shrine and go collect.
9. Repeat steps 2-8.

Once you get the hang of it, you can usually get a star fragment every 7-10 minutes (sometimes they fall early and other times late). I only had 2 times out of like 15-20 in a row that one didn't fall. One of those times was after I had put the console to sleep and returned later, and I'm not sure about the other time. Make sure not to move your view once you get settled since it always seems to fall in your field of view. Also, while they should fall, I did have a couple that must have fallen in deep water since the beam of light never appeared after they landed, and I had another few that when I approached the beam, they fell through the ground upon spawning as part of a glitch (I've experienced this several times, and it is very frustrating because of their rarity. I hope they fix this.). I will say that I have the Switch version of the game, so I can't guarantee this will work on the Wii U. It could also be game specific for all I know, but I seriously did this time after time with success. Let me know how it works for you, and good luck on the farming!
:gletsgo:
I got the wiiu version. I'm going to try it. Most of the time I'm very lucky in getting these fragments. A couple of days ago I got 5 in one gameplay. Two by dogs and three by falling stars and one just happened to drop in front of my nose :D

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Or just light a fire at the shrine at the top there shove a pin into the map at Hateno and make sure you can see the sky in that direction, make sure to save and just wait. Tends to land on the outskirts or near to hateno Tower

GFE

...and one just happened to drop in front of my nose :D

That's pretty lucky. I had one time that a Silver Lynel dropped 2 of them.

Or just light a fire at the shrine at the top there shove a pin into the map at Hateno and make sure you can see the sky in that direction, make sure to save and just wait. Tends to land on the outskirts or near to hateno Tower

Is it consistent that way? I've had issues trying that in some areas in the past. Besides, the other way saves on wood and fire kindling materials. ;)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
That's pretty lucky. I had one time that a Silver Lynel dropped 2 of them.

Is it consistent that way? I've had issues trying that in some areas in the past. Besides, the other way saves on wood and fire kindling materials. ;)

sat there and farmed 57 of them to sell. Kinda got bored of snowbowling and was taking a break. Also you can get Great flameblades quite easily in fact theres a durability+ one opposite the Hyrule castle shrine and wood is easy to obtain from oama daim shrine area with bombs.

Reactions: GFE

GFE

sat there and farmed 57 of them to sell. Kinda got bored of snowbowling and was taking a break. Also you can get Great flameblades quite easily in fact theres a durability+ one opposite the Hyrule castle shrine and wood is easy to obtain from oama daim shrine area with bombs.

Good to know! Yeah, I usually go either to that big stump near Hyrule Field or do a Lynel hunt down to the Eldin Great Skeleton to replace my Great Flameblade when it breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom