• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Fox Adventures: Opinion?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Star Fox Adventures is known for being hated amongst the gaming community. I was actually surprised to find this out when I was looking up different content from the game. I always thought the game stood out and I had a lot of fun playing it. Yeah, I realized later on in life that the voice acting was crap, but other than that, I see nothing wrong with this game.

So what do you guys think about this Star Fox title?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
It was a good enough Zelda/Okami-eske game with some nice Rareware charm....... It has great graphics to this day, and the gameplay is pretty decent. It is just not a Star Fox game.

Mido

Version 1
I'm a tad overdue with this rating, as I finished the game almost two months ago after being able to play it after some ten years or so, but here goes:

Star Fox Adventures: 8/10

The Star Fox game that was essentially a Zelda game I would say is underrated to a degree. The best parts come through the sheer environments Rare created. Dinosaur Planet feels immersive and intriguing. A few of the characters are pretty unique and stand out, such as the Warpstone and the shopkeeper, but to be honest, a lot of the characters are somewhat bland aside from the main cast and a few side characters like the two I mentioned. The gameplay is good, and just what one would expect from an adventure game. The Arwing moments hark back to Star Fox, while the on-foot portions feel like a Zelda game. Alas, as a whole, this game is a solid package for any gamer and a good find for any a Star Fox fan; however, this game has two notable flaws. First, the puzzles, while challenging on some occasions, are not very difficult, and may turn off players who desire more of a challenge. Second, is the dialogue. It is cheesy, sometimes cringeworthy, and a few jokes fall flat here and there, but it doesn't kill the experience...at least most of the time! Ultimately, these flaws don't hold the game back from being a good time and a half, so I'd recommend it!

I posted this review recently, so I'll just leave it at this; however, I definitely agree, Ari, that while the voice acting was decent, the poor dialogue gave the actors very little to work around. :cool:

When i first played Starfox Adventures i was yet to play anything of real worth on the Gamecube, i think it was an early title but i played it before Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker and Metroid Prime.

I never thought Starfox Adventures was a bad game at the time of playing it, sure it was odd as hell for Starfox to change direection so suddenly, but my yooung mind just thought that Starfox 'had gone Zelda' which i was happy with.

I liked that there were still space fights in the arwing etc, i liked fighting with Fox's staff and i actually really liked Fox as a third person character, it made sense that this space mercenary would be a formidable opponent on land and i liked Krystal and i like the way he used his staff for switches and different elemnts. I liked Prince Tricky and that you had to keep him fed, it was a good game... while I waited for Sunshine, Wind Waker and Prime. Once those games surfaced i never went back to SF:A...

Until a few months ago. I was on a Gamecube binge (i still have my GC and games) and when i loaded up SF:A i was genuinely excited.... but now... its just not very good, i want to like it but the characters irritate me, the level design really isn't that good and it just doesn't feel as fun as it used to.

At the time it was fine but now its just a mediocre title.

Though i wouldnt mind Fox dropping by another planet for another Zelda-esque adventure... hey, Retro!

ABC

Wait what, Star Fox Adventures is known as being a hated game? That's a first for me. :eek:

Personally I loved it and I remember all my friends loved it too back when it was released. It also holds a special place in my heart since it was the last Rareware game to be released on a Nintendo console (not counting the GBA games that were released later). I always thought it was weird looking at my Gamecube games and seeing Rarewares logo mixed in there because of Star Fox Adventures. I really wish there had been more Rareware games on the Gamecube.

The game is very very good. Nothing like a Star Fox title though. It's only Star Fox in name really. There is only one thing I really disliked about the game. It's basically a plot issue so I'll put it spoiler tags if you don't want to be spoiled early. But if you do feel free to read it.

The main dinosaur enemy that has been taunting you the whole game gets swatted dead like a fly from a fly swatter at the end of the game just before you fight him, so you never end up doing so. Right at that time you are told that Andross was pulling his strings so you go in your Arwing and beat up Andross yet again in yet the same way as every other time before hand. Total let down

Apart from this one issue I think the game is a solid adventure game. Not the best ever but totally worth getting if you can get it on sale and have a way of playing GC games still (GC, Wii or Dolphin).

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
It's not that it's exactly a bad game on its own, it's just that it should have been handled differently. Take out all the Star Fox elements and you've basically got LoZ with dinosaurs. It's the forced space themes and unnecessary characters that detract from it. Also, the voice acting is pretty so-so.

It's not that it's exactly a bad game on its own, it's just that it should have been handled differently. Take out all the Star Fox elements and you've basically got LoZ with dinosaurs. It's the forced space themes and unnecessary characters that detract from it. Also, the voice acting is pretty so-so.
Legend of Krystal: Dinosaur Planet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom