• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Stamina Gauge

Sheik

:the:
Yes, the prophecised Stamina Gauge has returned. And apparently it is in use even when performing simple actions such as hanging on to a paraglider. This was one of the most polarizing features of Skyward Sword's gameplay, though many thought it was well used in A Link Between Worlds. Opinions on its reappearance in Breath of the Wild?

Dan

I don't think it will be too intrusive. It allows for plenty of climbing and other actions from what we saw in the E3 footage.
I think they learned their lesson from last time.

I didn't mind the stamina bar at all in Skyward Sword. I'd like a way to increase your max stamina at some point, but that's not terribly important to me. Overall, I'm fine with it returning.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I didn't mind the stamina bar at all in Skyward Sword. I'd like a way to increase your max stamina at some point, but that's not terribly important to me. Overall, I'm fine with it returning.
I liked the stamina bar in SS it made moving about more dynamic and was hoping such a bar would continue to be used. "I'd like a way to increase your max stamina at some point" For the people who did not like the stamina bar in SS I think this would make more people happy with it. And I think this will be the case. We see link climbing huge rock faces and with the tiny stamina bar shown at E3 it would seam impossible to climb such things with out more endurance. So I think we will see stamina upgrades and quite possibly stamina boosting and replenishing potions/items in Breath of The Wind.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The stamina meter in SS was awful and gave link a fitness level my grandmother could compete with but Link appears not to tire so easily this time around. I hope it is an upgradable feature this time so you can climb higher mountains as the game progresses.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The stamina meter in SS was awful and gave link a fitness level my grandmother could compete with but Link appears not to tire so easily this time around. I hope it is an upgradable feature this time so you can climb higher mountains as the game progresses.
I know for a fact that you can craft things to give Link more stamina. I saw it in one of the item descriptions(I think it was the Hyrule Shrooms).

Reactions: Dio
I'm pissed about it. I hated it in SS, why the hell am I going to enjoy it in this? I don't think I want this game anymore. :dry: Thanks for screwing up my most wanted game on the WiiU Nintendo.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Didn't like it in Skyward Sword, don't like it in Witcher 3, and probably won't like it in "Breath of the Wild".

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
It doesn't look like it depletes as quickly as in SS. And as far as the glider goes, it's like the Deku leaf in WW using magic. I think it'll be fine.

BTW, have they mentioned anything about motion control? I haven't heard but I've only seen the trailer and demos.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
It doesn't look like it depletes as quickly as in SS. And as far as the glider goes, it's like the Deku leaf in WW using magic. I think it'll be fine.

BTW, have they mentioned anything about motion control? I haven't heard but I've only seen the trailer and demos.
There is gyroscope controls, but it is completely optional. Game can be played with Pro controller.

D

Deleted member 81859

It doesn't seem as bad this time arround. It's well integrated into the combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom