• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Staff Needed: Pokémon Dungeon Pokédex

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
Hey guys, Kybyrian has developed code allowing for the Pokémon Dungeon Pokédex to be filled... what we need now is YOU! At the moment Bulbasaur to Squirtle as well as Victini to Samurott have been uploaded, however Venasaur to Squirtle are missing their learn sets. Here is an example.

Requirements:

• Basic knowledge of the Pokemon in the series
  • A Skype account (free to download)
  • Basic knowledge of HTML, especially tables

From personally working with the code - with previously little to no knowledge of HTML - I can certainly say it is not difficult to pick up (it's very well formatted and commented). If your main concern is technical knowledge I would urge you to give it a try. Realistically we need people who can dedicate their time as opposed to their skills, so generally any help we can get is good!

To apply, please fill in an application here.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
I would love to join, but may you help understand HTML? :puppy:

The job basically moving information from a source such as Bulbapedia (at least how I do it) and filling in the correct fields. Realistically as long as you realise where stuff needs to go (it's pretty well described) as well as changing a few words for different records there is very little in the way of editing of the code that makes stuff work so to speak. You're generally just inputting strings.

I'm here if you need any help, though I can almost guarantee that once you see it, you'll understand. Give it a go. :)

Fig

The Altruist
The job basically moving information from a source such as Bulbapedia (at least how I do it) and filling in the correct fields. Realistically as long as you realise where stuff needs to go (it's pretty well described) as well as changing a few words for different records there is very little in the way of editing of the code that makes stuff work so to speak. You're generally just inputting strings.

I'm here if you need any help, though I can almost guarantee that once you see it, you'll understand. Give it a go. :)
May you still help me understand and provide a demonstration please? :puppy:

I have some knowledge of HTML, I will give it a go. I have sent an Application form. By the way Brodogs, this is kinda late to mention as PD sent out the request a week ago xD

May you still help me understand and provide a demonstration please?

I'm positive they will show you how to do things. It would be wrong to just accept you and tell you to get on with it. They might just link you to a page on what to do, but they should give you a tutorial no doubt.

Last edited:

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
May you still help me understand and provide a demonstration please? :puppy:

Sure, won't be a problem.

I have some knowledge of HTML, I will give it a go. I have sent an Application form. By the way Brodogs, this is kinda late to mention as PD sent out the request a week ago xD

I'm positive they will show you how to do things. It would be wrong to just accept you and tell you to get on with it. They might just link you to a page on what to do, but they should give you a tutorial no doubt.

Exactly, once we are in contact (typically via Skype) we are able to show the new member through the process. Also I'm aware of the page a week ago, but it appears we need some more volunteers. :P

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
'Kay... So what are the positions?

The code is written already, the work simply entails taking information from an external source such as Bulbapedia and putting it in the allocated places in the Pokedex so the pages get filled. To my knowledge there aren't any other required positions in terms of the Pokedex at the moment.

The code is written already, the work simply entails taking information from an external source such as Bulbapedia and putting it in the allocated places in the Pokedex so the pages get filled. To my knowledge there aren't any other required positions in terms of the Pokedex at the moment.

Ah, nevermind. Wyatt filled me in on Skype. He tells me to put "Pokedex Filler" as my position on the application... :yes:

I'm aware of the page a week ago, but it appears we need some more volunteers. :P

Well I am willing to help out. If you can get someone to contact me on Skype I can start right away. :) I'll resend my application because I didn't add the Position in the form.

Last edited:

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
Ok this is quite awesome and stuff, and maybe i'll volunteer, but I wonder: what point does it have making our own pokédex if we're going to copy everything from Bulbapedia? I don't want to be rude, but it seems kinda pointless to me then...

what point does it have making our own pokédex if we're going to copy everything from Bulbapedia? I don't want to be rude, but it seems kinda pointless to me

Most Pokémon fan sites have a Pokédex with it: Serebii, Bulbapedia etc. Pokémon dungeon is not exactly copying, we're just using sites like Bulbapedia to help us write all the information on all Pokémon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom