• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSB4: What Gen V Pokemon Would You Like to See?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Pokeballs have been around in the SSB series since the first game and personally they are my favorite item. With the fourth game coming out somewhere in the near future, what Gen V Pokemon would you like to make an appearance in it?

Two Pokemon I would find interesting would be Keldeo and Stunfisk. Keldeo could move about the course and attack the other players. Stunfisk could be hidden on the ground and then zap any opposing player that steps on him.

I quite like the Idea of Sawk appearing and using close combat on the nearest opponent. you could also have Escavalier fly off the screen and then charge into opponents. There are a few more Pokémon that could be used, but at the moment I can't think of a way they could be used.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I, too, love the Pokeball item. Setting the item spawn to it alone and on high makes for some crazy matches.

I haven't played the Gen V games and have no opinion regarding which of the many Pokemon introduced in the fifth generation appear as Pokeball Pokemon. While on the topic though, I would like to raise a few more questions that are relevant.

The number of Pokeball Pokemon should obviously increase, but as in the previous Smash Bros. games, numerous Pokemon have be removed. Some have had their moves "updated" and given to a new Pokemon, while others have them and their move taken out completely. Which Pokemon from Brawl should be taken out and should those creatures' move be given to a Gen V Pokemon?

As for legendaries, Mew was in the original Super Smash Bros. and had a 1/151 chance of appearing, the number of Pokemon that existed at that time. Melee introduced another rarity, Celebi, who, along with the returning Mew, each had a 1/251 chance of appearing. Again, a reference to the number of Pokemon at the time of Melee's release. Brawl added yet another rare Pokemon, Jirachi. Mew, Celebi and Jirachi each had a 1/493 chance of coming out of a Pokeball. Can you guess why? SSB4 will likely use the same pattern of statistics by making Mew, Celebi and Jirachi return, with another legendary joining them, and all 4 of these Pokemon with have a 1/600-something chance of appearing randomly.

...Or am I completely wrong on this? Are these stats too high? Which legendary should join these famed few, if any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom