• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS Bosses!

Hey I though I could mention something that I noticed in the gameplay videos about the bosses

If you notice how link moves around the ginourmus bosses It looks like we won't be facing the boss face to face like in privious zelda games and it looks like we will have in corporate the environment some how to over came the boss and beat him like the whale thing in the gameplay videos that took zelda.

So tell me if this was a nice idea to incorporate the environment with the boss fights or not..... :) :)

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The way I see it being done, I don't like it too much. I know SS isn't like traditional Zelda, but if we fight some large scale bosses through external means, it just won't feel too Zelda like. It's good to know that doesn't mean I won't enjoy it!

It is confirmed that Skyward Sword will use stradegizing instead of do and repeat methods.

linkbeatmario said:
It looks like we won't be facing the boss face to face like in privious zelda games and it looks like we will have in corporate the environment some how
Didn't we already see this in like OOT with King Dodongo with the bomb flowers. Or the Skull Kid from TP?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I was curious to see how Boss battles would be different, but now I can understand that. Usually they would be held in an enclosed room where we'd have to combat the Boss in many sorts of manners. This ended with Scaldera's set-up. The scene is much bigger now, held on a ramp wide enough only for us to evade him as he transforms into a boulder and rolls down toward us. This is the type of mechanic I imagine we have now, and will provide us a grander amount of challenge over the inwalled chambers.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It is confirmed that Skyward Sword will use stradegizing instead of do and repeat methods.

That's good to know. Now it seems replays won't feel as bland anymore when fighting bosses. That's one thing that decreases replay value for me in some Zelda games. I have also always liked the idea of using the environment to your advantage. Link is getting quite resourceful nowadays.

Last edited:
I have also always liked the idea of using the environment to your advantage. Link is getting quite resourceful nowadays.

yes i guess he is and mostly i think using the environment is a great i dea insted of being lock up in room repeating the same tactic again and again.

also i personally think the flying fish part of the gameplay video is awesome plus the possibly fight with it will be 3 times more awsome:):):):)@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's a nice idea, but what's more important is that you don't have to use the dungeons item to beat it like in all previous Zelda games.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I think with bosses, the bigger the better. Beating a boss 100 times bigger than you is so rewarding and Im glad to finally see it come to Zelda in full force:) The gigantic black thing from one of the more recent videos looks like something out of Shadow of the Collossus. Definitley digging this new direction:)

It would be great to have a mini boss fight to open every portal to a new area, like they did in WW with the big octopos.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
The bosses are starting to become like Final Fantasy bosses, even in Twilight Princess, so it's not that surprising to me that they're growing. That big fire rocktite (wait is THAT Scaldera?!) looks like a fun battle.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That "boss fight" could just as easily be of gauntlet style where the objective is simply to stay alive.

ALttP bosses were still "hit weak point, hack away". You just had a more limited amount of time in which you were allowed to do the hack away part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom