• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Squid Game (spoilers)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This is one of the most popular shows right now so I have decided to make a thread for it.

I watched the show when it first came out and I didn't have any idea how big it would be but now the memes are everywhere and everyone seems to be talking about it.

You thought you could get away from it on ZD but it's me, Dio! With this Squid game thread.

Have you watched the show? Did you like it? Who was your favourite character? Do you have any favourite memes from the show to post?

Please give your thoughts in the comments!

Reactions: MW7

MW7

I watched it and liked it. I immediately rewatched the show, and I think it is the kind of thing that benefits from repeat viewing. Several things with the cop/brother storyline took me a second watch to understand, and there are lots of little details throughout the show that are interesting.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I watched it and liked it. I immediately rewatched the show, and I think it is the kind of thing that benefits from repeat viewing. Several things with the cop/brother storyline took me a second watch to understand, and there are lots of little details throughout the show that are interesting.
I have heard that also it can be better on a second viewing. I haven't gotten around to that yet but I definitely intend to.

Reactions: MW7

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I started it today. It sounds interesting. I like the main character so far. Not the perfect character but one with a lot of flaws and things going wrong in his life. Going to watch more tomorrow after work

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I started it today. It sounds interesting. I like the main character so far. Not the perfect character but one with a lot of flaws and things going wrong in his life. Going to watch more tomorrow after work

Ooh I hope you enjoy it. I think there is no perfect character in the show which makes them feel more real.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I watched it and quite enjoyed it - though I am not someone who does well with anything bloody or gory so I had to turn away a number of times. It was really well produced and my favourite character was Ali for sure.

The series confronts some pretty serious societal issues such as gambling, greed and desperation, the difficulty of being an immigrant, and the plight of those defecting from North Korea. I'm no expert on South Korean culture and society and I am sure there is a strong depth to these issues and more that are far beyond my current understanding. Without trying to turn this into an MD thread, the series as a whole seems to me to be something of a criticism (or at least a conversation starter) on the cut-throat nature of capitalism and how some people are left behind while those at the opposite end of the spectrum can show such a heavy disregard for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom