• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoilers- Most emotional moments in Nier

Ninja

Well well well
END GAME SPOILERS BEWARE

This game really ****ed me up emotionally. Some of the things that got to me were:

• When 2B was infected with the logic virus, she knew that since there was no more bunker, that this was the end of the line for her. Like a dying wolf, she wanted to crawl somewhere where no other android was around to die, and that was ****ing sad. They did a great job with making her feel helpless with the controls slowly fading out and her vision getting corrupted as well. The look that she gave 9S was emotional. She looked at him like A2 stabbing her was her sweet release from the never ending suffering she has been through. Oh... Nines... I'll never forget that. She will never have to kill 9S again.

• The fact that in one of the endings, that 9S gets impaled by 2B's sword. At the end of the day, her sword ended his life. 2E's cycle was realized that day. Him squirming in pain was also very uncomfortable.

• The ending E sequence. It's just breathtaking at how magical this game is. The final boss is the entire development team. Yoko is known for his sad endings. It's like you are fighting seemingly meaninglessly against the entire world to change the "never ending spiral of life and death". You are battling God in a way since you are fighting the creators that made the game. After you die enough times, you never give up, and you accept the help from others who have greatly sacrificed their files/lives to get through the credits. You are literally carrying the WEIGHT OF THE WORLD to push through and start a new life. The Pods have admitted that they are feeling emotion and are developing a consciousness, and the machines/androids really are just as human as mankind was.

• As a direct follow up to the above, the Stage Play after Ending E is incredible. @Spirit hasn't finished it yet so I won't spoil it, but that really put the icing on the cake. Beautiful. Bravo.

• Weight of the World is a ****ing masterpiece. It's perfect in every way. I get choked up every time I hear it, and I listen to it every day. The fact that the credits combine all three versions of the song plus an 8-bit beginning is awesome. In addition to this, once you accept the help, the extra chorus and voices you hear are Yoko Taro and the entire dev team singing along. How amazing is that? It's said that the English version of the song is from 2B's perspective, and the Japanese version is from 9S's view. In the Japanese version, the singer cries about 3-4 minutes in because she's so overcome with emotion, but she still finishes, and they kept it.

• Every interaction between A2 and Pod was great. Shut...the HELL..up. Pod, you aren't so bad, you know that?
This whole game tugs on every single heart string and it also will make you laugh as well. This game will go down as my favorite game I've ever played, hands down.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
As much as i dislike that lil psycho sphere, jesus christ is Emil's Ending traumatic, i mean jesus ****ing wept i felt bad for him, i constantly *****ed about how ****ty he was and there he was with retrograde amnesia cuz he duplicated himself to save the world and the poor sod can't even remember his friends who inspired him to become like this.

I think the ending where you get to either join the machines on their ark or stay behind is gut wrenching in way, 9S is literally given the option to leave all behind him and ascend the mortal plane (for androids) and lose all he loved or stay behind and die.

{edit} nah you know what was way more emotional, Pascals ending. That poor poor sod tried so damned hard to make things better for his village and it all screwed up. The children couldn't handle their fear and so he leaves it up to you to decide his fate. If you let him live you can buy the childrens parts from him.

Last edited:

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I think the entire culmination of the game for me is 9S and A2's conversation before the battle in The Tower. We finally get to the point where 9S just loses all hope in existence itself and, at last, he is consumed by the grief he has experienced both by losing 2B and finding out that humanity is extinct.

And then it ends with both of them dying anyway.. It's so tragic.

Two things just gets to me with the scene:

1. The actual composition of the scene. The voices are heavily reverberated (and the VA itself I think is great), then there's the music and the sterile aesthetics of the tower itself, and I also think it's very effective that the camera is positioned as to frame both 9S and A2 facing each other.

2. The message. These characters have nothing to live for anymore. Humanity is extinct. They might as well die anymore. The game touches on the meaninglessness of existence itself and how fragile it is, and how it is dependent it is on one having something to fight for.

What a game ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom