• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds *spoilers* Just Wondering if Any Other Had the Same Problem. *spoilers*

Gomp

Love, loving life!
The pegasus boots!

God damn! .. I am not done with the game yet. But I was so close to the end. (Can tell by the hearts and stuff like that.)

So I figured WTF?! And just cheated and looked up where to get the boots.

(Just a few minutes later, I was going after that "mimi" thing on the roof in the village, and used the glasses to see if there was any hints how to get it. And I found the ghost that told me how to get the boots. So I am not that mad at myself for cheating.)

But WTF?! ..

I ASSUMED that I had to get the boots, to catch up to that guy ..

And there was no real incentive for me to catch the guy, as I just figured the stone would be for sale, and it was! .. So I got the stone and returned it, and did not think more of it! ..

As it turns out, I guess I was supposed to catch that guy first, and then buy back the stone..

But as I missed that, by just getting the stone from the store..

Well..

God damn frustrating having played almost the entire game, without the boots.

I am just ranting here I guess.. And EVERY single time it get to the point where I cheat and look stuff up. (I do it very seldom, and only this one time for ALBW. (I also do not have play coins, so I talked to like 3 ghost or something. Having to shake the 3DS XL 100 times for each coin. :p .. )) ... it is cause of some bad translation, or as I did here, cause I assumed I would have to get the boots to catch the guy.. (Over thinking it?)

Anyways.. I was just wondering if any of you other who have played this beautiful game did the same mistake as me, and what are your thought about it?

I really think the game creators should have made it more obvious that one should catch that guy, ... I would have figure out a way I guess. But there was no real need to catch him at all..

Darn this! I loved the game, but this really got me mad at myself. :(

Last edited:
I made the same mistake you did. So is there no way to get the boots without catching him with the stone then? Cause if that's the case I may just start a new game, I know that's nitpicky, but I want those boots. >.<

Salem

SICK
Yes, first time I played it, I assumed I needed the pegasus boots to catch the guy, that's the only time I decided to get help to progress in the game.

I made the same mistake you did. So is there no way to get the boots without catching him with the stone then? Cause if that's the case I may just start a new game, I know that's nitpicky, but I want those boots. >.<

You can still get the Pegasus Boots from the guy even after the stone is purchased.

I did this, too! More like... I had the suspicion the Pegasus Boots were in this game due to some of the maiamais' locations atop trees and stuffs, but I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to get them... It finally occurred to me after beating the game that I was supposed to go bother that guy. And it took me a little longer to realize I was supposed to merge into the wall behind him to scare the crap out of him. Also... because I just went from replaying A Link to the Past before getting this game (not to mention that game's controls are hard-wired into my instinct anyways), switching the button from R to L really disoriented me! One of my few complaints, hahaha...

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
The only reason I tried to sneak up on him is because the little kid said something about sneaking up on that guy.

But I had already been like 3 dungeons into the dark world. Rather then getting them when you go for the flippers.

I think that one aspect should have been changed. Make the stone not appear in the shop until you sneak up and talk to the guy. That way people will be inclined to try .

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
You don't need to catch the guy directly after he takes the stone. You can always catch him later on in the game

But why would you?

The game doesn't make it apparent that you should try.

I didn't do it until much later, but thats only cause I was talking all sorts of npcs and the kid said something that suggested I sneak up on him.

That single random kid in town that you're liable to simply walk past.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
But why would you?

The game doesn't make it apparent that you should try.

I didn't do it until much later, but thats only cause I was talking all sorts of npcs and the kid said something that suggested I sneak up on him.

That single random kid in town that you're liable to simply walk past.
Exactly! I played the game without a walkthrough and just did it on my own terms and I was told to catch him but I was like not now please. I got some exploring to do :P

Gomp

Love, loving life!
The only reason I tried to sneak up on him is because the little kid said something about sneaking up on that guy.

But I had already been like 3 dungeons into the dark world. Rather then getting them when you go for the flippers.

I think that one aspect should have been changed. Make the stone not appear in the shop until you sneak up and talk to the guy. That way people will be inclined to try .

Nice to see I am not alone on this! Agreed!

Exactly! I played the game without a walkthrough and just did it on my own terms and I was told to catch him but I was like not now please. I got some exploring to do :P

I was so sure that I had to get the boots to catch him... I talked to the kid many times, but was so sure I had figured it out, that I just kept hoping the boots would show up in one of the dungeons..

My own fault for assuming, but the game creators could have made it more clear I think.. :(

Anyways, I will for sure know to get the boots early, when I replay this game in say 10 years or so. :D

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
That's what is so brilliant about this game; the answer to our problems is there if we can't figure them out on our own.
The game doesn't directly hold our hands and tell us what to do, and I feel like that is a good thing.
This game rewards the curious without necessarily punishing those who aren't.

anyway, the pegasus boots are optional, there really is no reason to make them a requirement for anything needed to beat the game.

Even after getting the Pegasus Boots, I don't think I really used them. They seemed really sloppy compared to A Link To The Past and other games, especially when you try to stop Link from running.

Gomp

Love, loving life!
Even after getting the Pegasus Boots, I don't think I really used them. They seemed really sloppy compared to A Link To The Past and other games, especially when you try to stop Link from running.

I used them a lot, when hunting down the two last heart pieces. And for getting all the mimi's of course..

It was not a really big deal, but I really do not see why they at least made the player want to catch that guy ..

I know everyone who did not think ahead, went and tried to catch the guy. To figure out where the stone was. So in a way they gave incentive.

But for any of us who have played all the Zelda games, it was rather obvious to go straight to the store, when a thief stole something.

And mix that with "assuming" one needed the boots to catch up to that guy, and there is just NO reason what so ever to be bothered with him..

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom