• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Spoilers: Here there be dragons

Dragons pop up quite often in Zelda, from the dragons of SS to bosses like Argorok and Volvagia.

Breath of the Wild continues the dragon theme with three new dragons Farosh, Dinraal and Naydra.

Nintendo ruined their surprise for me in a tweet and i wish they hadnt but i still got a sense of wonderment when i saw part of Farosh moving behind sone scenery "why is the distance moving?"

I love me a large NPC, Levias was cool, just flying around all big and important and BotW's dragons are cool too, theyre one of the highlights of the game for me.

Have you met the dragons?
What was your first meeting with them like?

Do you like them or could the game have done without?

I saw a green one in the Geruda Highlands while farming Icy Liz tails and thought I was going to die. Didn't know what to do.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The dragons presence in the game were also spoiled for me but still I did not expect my encounter with one.

I met Farosh, first in Lake Hylia and also in Lake Floria.

I love that these dragons are in the game. When in a big fantasy world it is always nice to see something big and unnusual pop up randomly, especially if you aren't expecting it.

I feel there aren't enough fantastical creatures in the game, most things have been taken from real life such as bulls, boars, deer and ducks. Would have liked to have seen some creatures designed just for the land of Hyrule.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I first saw Farosh flying above Lake Hylia and I was absolutely awestruck.
I later found Naydra and completely forgot to take a picture. Which by the way, don't forget to take pictures of them.
Lastly, I saw Dinraal while on my way to one of the Divine Beasts.

I honestly love finding these amazing things just wandering the overworld, or sitting atop mountains. Another favorite example of mine,
the Lord of the Mountain, like something straight out of Princess Mononoke,
I found completely by chance while
investigating the bizarre aurora effect on top of a mountain
and gave me a similar feeling of Hyrule being vast and filled with cool stuff.

Djinn

and Tonic
I'm wondering if the dragons being named for the goddesses are going to be a thing in future games.

I like how they are added to the games, at they are at least a bit more than just some large enemy monster you have to go fight.

I encountered Dinraal first when I was working on getting to Tabantha Tower. Had no idea why the music was all weird and then I turned my camera and saw it. I first encountered Naydra awhile later when I was doing the 'Secret of the Cedars' shrine quest and saw it chilling on Mount Lanayru in the distance (since it kind of glows). I've seen Farosh a lot; probably more than the other two. My first sighting of Farosh when I was revisiting Faron and just fought a Lynel on my way up a mountain. Farosh kept going in and out of Lake Floria and the music was kind of just going back and forth, lol.

So, I actually still don't really understand how they work, though. I rescued Naydra and got a scale from it for the Spring of Wisdom shrine, but like, if I re/visit these dragons, do I just shoot them with arrows to get more of their stuff? And if that's the case, is there a specific place I need to do it, like when they're on a mountain? I don't have to kill them, right? They're so innocent and chill; I hope I don't have to kill them.

I encountered Dinraal first when I was working on getting to Tabantha Tower. Had no idea why the music was all weird and then I turned my camera and saw it. I first encountered Naydra awhile later when I was doing the 'Secret of the Cedars' shrine quest and saw it chilling on Mount Lanayru in the distance (since it kind of glows). I've seen Farosh a lot; probably more than the other two. My first sighting of Farosh when I was revisiting Faron and just fought a Lynel on my way up a mountain. Farosh kept going in and out of Lake Floria and the music was kind of just going back and forth, lol.

So, I actually still don't really understand how they work, though. I rescued Naydra and got a scale from it for the Spring of Wisdom shrine, but like, if I re/visit these dragons, do I just shoot them with arrows to get more of their stuff? And if that's the case, is there a specific place I need to do it, like when they're on a mountain? I don't have to kill them, right? They're so innocent and chill; I hope I don't have to kill them.

Shoot their bodies and you'll get a scale.

If you shoot them in the face you'll get horn shards but this seems to be a random drop since ive yet to get one but know people who have.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me

If you shoot them in the face you'll get horn shards but this seems to be a random drop since ive yet to get one but know people who have.

Do the dragons start attacking you after you shoot them?

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
Nope. Theyre really chill.
If you get too close to Farosh you may be hit by his electricity, Dinraal may burn you and Naydra may freeze you but they wont attack you.

Cool, thanks. I did get too close to Farosh, and ran away when he started shooting electricity at me.

I saw a dragon flying over Lake Hylia and I was too scared to fight it. I tried to get a picture but it ended up flying into the clouds.

I climbed Mount Lanaryu and found Naydra accidentally. The fight with it was probably the scariest thing I've ever done in a zelda game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

It's not random, you have to shoot them precisely on the horns. Like, very precisely.

My first encounter was with Naydra and that was totally awesome. Next I saw Dinraal when I was near Hebra, on the western edge of the Great Hyrule Forest, and I was awestruck. I took a detour and tried to follow him and thats how I ended up getting the Hebra tower.

I saw Farosh on my way to Lake Hylia for the first time, and I was like whoa. The way I got my first scale from him was quite funny, actually. While I was doing a puzzle in one of Lake Floria's lakes he popped up right from the water in front of me and electrocuted me. Caught me by complete surprise. I managed to get off a shot though; didn't even realize I'd landed the shot until I turned around and saw the scale on the edge of the cliff.

So yeah, the dragons are awesome.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
(Potential Spoilers!!!) My first response was to get onto the dragon, that failed so I started shooting bomb arrows and out popped a scale! O_O I one time saw a dragon's shadow on a rock next to me, but when I looked around, there was no dragon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom