• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Spoilers: Do you wish you'd done your playthrough differently?

A lot of people have tackled BoTW in a lot of interesting ways.

Everyone's playthrough is different but some have discovered and completed all 120 shrines before retrieving the Master Sword and tackling the Divine Beasts, whereas others have had a more organic playthrough and completed what they've come across.

And some have just gone straight to Ganon because the rest of the game be damned.

Do you wish you'd done your playthrough differently?

Would have you done the Beasts in a different order?

Did all the shrines first?

Leave the towers until last?

Answers on a post card.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I did the beasts in what I thought was the best order, starting on a high meeting the Zoras first and seeing the beautiful Zora's domain early on and finishing on a high with meeting the Gerudo.

I did only the shrines I needed to get the health and stamina high enough as I came across them but not really seeking them for the sake of it. I also didn't go out of my way to look for korok seeds after getting my weapon inventory to a satisfactory level which would have just been a distraction from the main quest and not really enriched my time with the game.

I unlocked the towers before doing all the beasts to gain a complete map and I think that was a good thing. I dont like incomplete maps.

Only thing I think I should have done different is that I should have used paths more because going the straightest route to every mission marker (often climbing mountains) I missed things the developers might have liked me to see.

If I was to do anything differently, I probably wouldn't have sold the majority of the diamonds I'd found when I was short on money... I now have an abundance of money, but needed more diamonds for armour upgrades... ended up collecting luminous stone to get the diamonds I needed as that was easier than finding the diamonds themselves.

Other than that, I probably wouldn't have done anything different... I mostly just played the game from the Link's perspective (which I like to do), ignoring outside knowledge for the majority of the time, and doing things in the order I felt Link would do them in.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm actually very happy with the way I have decided to tackle the game. I'm not really someone who rushes to "finish" something, I prefer taking the scenic route and do all the side-stuff as well. When I jumped off the plateau, I went in the direction I though I would most likely find the Zora (which I didn't, lol), and I basically went shrine-hunting, leaving most of the test of strength ones for later, working to up my hearts until I was strong enough to get the Master Sword, then switched my focus to up my stamina. I left the Divine Beasts for later and once I started doing them I did them sporadically so I could space them out a bit. Currently I have one beast left and I'm working to upgrade the gear that I have and hope to find the shrines that hold the parts I don't have yet. I'm working my way through the side-quests, both the shrine-specific ones and the others, as some of the others actually encourage me to explore certain regions more thoroughly. I'm still discovering things 100 hours in and I love it.

I think that whenver I do replay the game in the future, I might change up some things,but not because I wasn't happy with the way I did them, but more that with the knowledge I have now, there are things I would probably want to get to sooner rather than later.

I am generally content with the way I did my playthrough. I goof off a lot while I play Zelda, and I'm glad that that ended up serving me well in my overall progress of Breath of the Wild. I loved getting the Master Sword before taking on any of the Divine Beasts. I didn't really need to go too out of my way for shrines to get it either. At the point I had reached Korok Forest, I had a completed map and a suffecient amount of shrines on my map. It was a matter of finishing about six of them that I didn't do yet because I was lazy. But everything was already available to me on my map.

I am pleased with the order I did the Beasts so far, as well. I guess I technically am not finished with this playthrough since I still have two Divine Beasts left to do, and am not really particularly eager to do either of them. The reason for that is actually pretty much because of the Ganon fight. I am so, so happy I went for Ganon when I did, because prior to fighting him I really was pretty ready to go tackle the remaining to Beasts. I'm thinking about how... pathetic the boss fight must be when you have all four Beasts done. I would not have wanted that to be my first experience with Calamity Ganon.

For the sake of this being my first playthrough, I'm really happy I handled Ganon the way I did. I was confused about the boss rush at first, but that was super thrilling to experience, and I really am not ready to ditch that quite yet. I'm glad my first encounter with Calamity Ganon included Fireblight and Thunderblight Ganon/ It gave me this immense determination to make it all the way through the fight, and I viewed the three consecutive fights (and Dark Beast Ganon, too I guess) as one fight. And I like being able to fight them as many times as I like along with Calamity Ganon. I mean, I guess I'll eventually have to give it up, but two bosses before Ganon + Ganon at 75% health is a cool fight. Just Ganon by himself at 50% health sounds really... anticlimatic.

If there was one thing I would have changed about this playthrough, it would probably be that I regret avoiding a lot of fights early in the game because of my weapon limitations. Lynels, especially, I wish I engaged more before fighting Ganon, since they all sort of lost their variety. But if I do a second playthrough (which I probably will at some point), I think I'm gonna definitely attempt a full boss rush Ganon fight. I may follow my initial playthrough's structure with the exploration first, and Master Sword, since that worked well for me. Other than that, I think I really am happy with the way I've taken this playthrough.

MW7

I explored and found most towers and almost a third of the shrines before doing any divine beasts. Once I realized what the Rito skill was, I just imagined how much easier everything would have been. I would have done the Rito dungeon much much earlier, and I would have not completed the Gerudo dungeon until extremely late in the game. One dumb thing I did was delay going to Hetano Village. What you obtain there is super useful.

GFE

In retrospect, I would probably go for Veh Medoh (the Rito divine beast) first just because of how good the ability is for travel. Otherwise, I was quite pleased with my playthrough. I'm sure I would change some things, but that's the only big issue.

Also, I agree that Vah Naboris (the Gerudo divine beast) should be last solely because of the annoyance of those Yiga clan members stalking you everywhere.

I started off just exploring the game, casually getting shrines and towers, and I was too scared to complete the Reach Zora's Domain quest because I thought a massive boss would be there. Then when I did it and found there was no boss, I freed all the divine beasts, got the Master Sword and beat the game. Personally, I wish I didn't sell my ancient materials before I found out about the upgrades, but that's only minor. But what I REALLY regret was how early I beat the game. I didn't even have the completed map nor did I find more than 1 fairy fountain. Hell, I didn't even get to the Akkala Ancient Tech lab. Now that I have the star on my save I'm going to do all that and more and properly finish the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom