• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILERS] BOTW Game Help

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Hi

I wad just wondering, does the Master Sword brake after enough use like every other weapon?
I have enough hearts to get it, but I'm scared that I will break it before I really need it.
I want the Ancient armour, but I don't really find any other way to fight the Guardians to get the Ancient cores other than the Master Sword...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hi

I wad just wondering, does the Master Sword brake after enough use like every other weapon?
I have enough hearts to get it, but I'm scared that I will break it before I really need it.
I want the Ancient armour, but I don't really find any other way to fight the Guardians to get the Ancient cores other than the Master Sword...
It will run out of energy and become unusable for 10 minutes, but it will always regenerate. You have to think when you use it, just like every other weapon, but you never lose it.

@Sutittaja it will only wear out, or to use the Deku Tree's words, forget its purpose, if you use it for things not affected by Ganon's Malice (i.e. guardians, etc). Has a 10 minute cooldown so I still use it on other things anyway. When it's glowing, attack power is doubled and won't wear out unless you use it on something stupid like a pot.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
It will run out of energy and become unusable for 10 minutes, but it will always regenerate. You have to think when you use it, just like every other weapon, but you never lose it.

@Sutittaja it will only wear out, or to use the Deku Tree's words, forget its purpose, if you use it for things not affected by Ganon's Malice (i.e. guardians, etc). Has a 10 minute cooldown so I still use it on other things anyway. When it's glowing, attack power is doubled and won't wear out unless you use it on something stupid like a pot.

It does still run out even when facing something affected my Ganon's malice... just a lot slower... has happened to me a couple of times.

Great and thanks. It is good to know that it won't "break".

I've beaten the game once and I am replaying, going for 100% with the (excellent) zeldadungeon Interactive Map. I've finished Great Plateau and Dueling Peaks, but in Hateno, there is a chest on the map, and I can't find it! It's in the village, at the river bend...looks like there's a Purple Rupee inside. It's not in the river...it's not on top of the river...there's nothing to bomb...there's no dogs in the area, and besides, all of those chests so far have been Silver Rupees...anybody?

I've beaten the game once and I am replaying, going for 100% with the (excellent) zeldadungeon Interactive Map. I've finished Great Plateau and Dueling Peaks, but in Hateno, there is a chest on the map, and I can't find it! It's in the village, at the river bend...looks like there's a Purple Rupee inside. It's not in the river...it's not on top of the river...there's nothing to bomb...there's no dogs in the area, and besides, all of those chests so far have been Silver Rupees...anybody?
Once you get the Sheikah Sensor+ you can use that to search for chests, which should point you in the right direction.
Edit: Was just passing through Hateno, so thought I'd check, but can't find it either... I may have already found it though.
Also had another thought while I was there... there are two dogs at the farm up the hill, so one of them may lead you to that chest (didn't respond when I fed them food, so I may have already done that).

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There are some bugs known and Hateno got one of them. Some people came across the bug with the chest. The censor tells you there is a chest but there is nothing. Same with the chest in the water at Aris Beach. you can't pull it up no matter how hard you try (I came across this bug myself as well) and the bug of the old man's cabin. So maybe you ran into that Hateno bug?

There are some bugs known and Hateno got one of them. Some people came across the bug with the chest. The censor tells you there is a chest but there is nothing. Same with the chest in the water at Aris Beach. you can't pull it up no matter how hard you try (I came across this bug myself as well) and the bug of the old man's cabin. So maybe you ran into that Hateno bug?
I tried using the sensor to find it when I checked but there wasn't any response... hence I thought I might have already gotten it.
If it was a bugged chest, then it's possible that they removed it in the last patch.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I tried using the sensor to find it when I checked but there wasn't any response... hence I thought I might have already gotten it.
If it was a bugged chest, then it's possible that they removed it in the last patch.
As far as I know none of the known issues got fixed with the last patch. But I don't know for sure. Maybe you got it already as you said ;)

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me

What is the bug with the old man's cabin?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
What is the bug with the old man's cabin?
At the beginning when you first meet the old man and you go to his Cabin and talk to him and he'll give you the warm doublet. If you don't talk to him and return to his cabin later on in the game, you'll find a treasure chest with the warm doublet in it. However if you obtained the warm doublet by talking to him and you return to his cabin later (using the censor looking for treasure), the censor will tell you there's a chest inside the cabin but you'll find nothing.

RTW

At the beginning when you first meet the old man and you go to his Cabin and talk to him and he'll give you the warm doublet. If you don't talk to him and return to his cabin later on in the game, you'll find a treasure chest with the warm doublet in it. However if you obtained the warm doublet by talking to him and you return to his cabin later (using the censor looking for treasure), the censor will tell you there's a chest inside the cabin but you'll find nothing.
I got the warm doublet at the beginning of the game, went back to the cabin later and a chest was there with another warm doublet in it, so now I have two.

RTW

Here's an odd question... somewhere in the middle of the game I obtained the ability to see strength numbers on a monster's gauge so instead of just the red line I could see the actual value of the strength. But not long after, I lost the ability to see those numbers and don't know how to get them back. I kind of like knowing how tough an enemy is going to be before I start fighting it, anyone know how to turn that feature back on?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Here's an odd question... somewhere in the middle of the game I obtained the ability to see strength numbers on a monster's gauge so instead of just the red line I could see the actual value of the strength. But not long after, I lost the ability to see those numbers and don't know how to get them back. I kind of like knowing how tough an enemy is going to be before I start fighting it, anyone know how to turn that feature back on?
That's the Champion's tunic. It makes you see how much HP an enemy has. Just wear the Champion's Tunic and you're able to see the numbers again.

Reactions: RTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom