• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoilerish(?) Are There Males?

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
(If I'm right) We have only seen two Shiekah both of them were female. Are there even males? Yes I know they had to reproduce and yes I know theres probably an explanation that I overlooked but are they somewhat like Gerudo, as theyr're only males every so and so years. Not to be sexist but if there were survivors i'm sure a few males warriors would survive. What do you think?

We've seen Impa, Impa, and Impaz. And Shiek is modeled after a male Shiekah, and I'm pretty sure that Zelda wouldn't be so stupid as to model herself after something that doesn't exist.

UMMM.... impa in SS is a Gerudo(brown skin, red eyes, not white skin and anything but red eyes) ....so........ ENTER GERUDO GENDER CONNOTATIONS

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
UMMM.... impa in SS is a Gerudo(brown skin, red eyes, not white skin and anything but red eyes) ....so........ ENTER GERUDO GENDER CONNOTATIONS

Wrong, Impa in Skyward Sword is a Sheikah. The Gerudo don't exist yet, that we know of yet. The Sheikah always have dark(er) skin and red eyes. Gerudo have black-ish skin and gold eyes.

The gold eyes fair nuff. but good luck convincing anyone that gerudo have black-ish skin.
my biggest question is if the skeikah are a race or a Quasi-religious order that turns your eyes red to signify the channeling of Din's fire .....
i mean ss basically states the skeikah pre-date the foundation of skyloft so cant be just hylains ...idk rambling now....

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The Sheikah are merely an organization of Hylians who swore fealty to the Royal Family of Hyrule, and are entrusted with the duty of protecting them. The Sheikah are fairly secretive, so it only makes sense that we haven't seen many of them; in fact, most of them had either perished or abandoned their duties by the time of OoT, which explains their scarcity. There are no concrete indications that the Sheikah are an entirely female society -- we simply haven't seen any male Sheikah yet.

The reason we see Sheikah with certain physical characteristics is likely to help identify them; it isn't explicitly stated that they are a different "race" from the Hylians, but it is possible that they are of a different ethnicity, explaining the prevalence of red eyes.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't a race and a tribe two seperate things? Somehow i get the feeling that people mixed these two things up, or prehaps think it has the same meaning.

I think the sheikah is a tribe, but the gerudo is a different race.

Quote from Shikashi in OOT
"Have you heard the legend of the "Shadow Folk"? They are the Sheikah...the shadows of the Hylians. They say they swore allegiance to the King of Hyrule and guarded the Royal Family...

Shikashi is the old man whol also is the astroligy guy in MM.
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Shikashi

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
The Sheikah are a specific race of Hylian chosen by Hylia to protect the people of Hyrule. They're a tribe that lives in the shadows and only come out when needed. So, yes, there are males.
Even if so how do you know that the hylians didn't just choose woman?

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
As a heads-up for everyone, please try to avoid just replying to another post with a single sentence; put some explanations and quotations into your post, rather than just choppy one-sentence rebuttals.

You didn't see any female rito in WW either aside from Medli, but they did in fact exist. There's no reason to add in more characters than are necessary and seeing as how the most important Sheikah is Impa as she is Zelda's caretaker, it makes sense for her to be the recurring theme.

The Gerudo are the only race/tribe/whatever in the game that are given specific references to being only female save one male born every 100 years.

I've mentioned in another thread that the Sheikah are a group of ninjas, so they're not going to be seen or heard unless they mean to be, I mean come on... Even Impa in OoT didn't show up until she was needed, same for SS. She gave her word to protect Zelda and so stayed in the temple the entire time. Now the reason we only see Impa aside from any other Sheikah is because she's Zelda's caretaker and she's the only member of the royal family that we really ever see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom