• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Spirit Tracks: Was Niko Serious?

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Through general knowledge I have come to know that ST takes place after PH, but was Niko serious when he said, in the beginning of the game, to Link, that his art work story "blasterpiece" could perhaps be the only tihng to remember him by!? I mean there was the picture of him in the back ground, the model of the telescope and ship from PH, and I mean, he has a HOUSE on Aboda Village.

Going forther, and on topic though irrelevant to the above (maybe):

Why does it seem that after a century, 100 years, the crew from PH (which I have not beaten nor am playing, fyi) all seem to live ironically close to one another (that is, being in the same Hyrule). What happened to the rest of the crew, did they die? Did some choose to settle down else where? And if so, why did they not stick with the main group like Link, Zelda, Niko, and the other guy (the good swordsmen who battles Byrne at the beginning of the game, forgot his name)?

I'm not sure if this is TOO too important, but it is something that piqued my interest and curiosity and I was just wondering if any others had the same thoughts?

Cheers

(ps - how do I put Spirit Tracks in place of General Modern?)

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
(ps - how do I put Spirit Tracks in place of General Modern?)
You ask nicely with pretty please ;3 (it's fixed now)

Anyways, I'm not entirely certain what you're asking with the first part, but as to the second part, the PH crew all ended up in New Hyrule because they founded New Hyrule together. At then end of WW, Tetra's pirate crew was tasked with a mission to seek out a land to make into the New Hyrule. By the time ST takes place, all the members of the crew except Niko have died (Niko is just EXTREMELY old). The other guy you mentioned, Alphonzo, is not actually a part of the old crew; he seems to be a descendant of the crew member Gonzo.

Last edited:

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
You ask nicely with pretty please ;3 (it's fixed now)

Anyways, I'm not entirely certain what you're asking with the first part, but as to the second part, the PH crew all ended up in New Hyrule because they founded New Hyrule together. At then end of WW, Tetra's pirate crew was tasked with a mission to seek out a land to make into the New Hyrule. By the time SS takes place, all the members of the crew except Niko have died (Niko is just EXTREMELY old). The other guy you mentioned, Alphonzo, is not actually a part of the old crew; he seems to be a descendant of the crew member Gonzo.

SS? I thought this was Spirit Tracks! :O Hm, prolly just a spelling error. Um, I think the only people who "know" who he used to be might be just Alfonzo, since he seems to be Gonzo's decendant from WW. Zelda may or may not be aware of who his ancestor was, since she makes no note of it.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Another weird thing is when you get enough stamps you get the Sheild of Antiquity, which he even tells you was owned by the Hero of Winds, which means he remembers him, but doesnt acknowledge that youre the same person? But its still cool to see the charecters again:)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Another weird thing is when you get enough stamps you get the Sheild of Antiquity, which he even tells you was owned by the Hero of Winds, which means he remembers him, but doesnt acknowledge that youre the same person? But its still cool to see the characters again:)
to add on the Shield of Antiquity looks nothing the shield WW Link had but then maybe Nintendo will make a game that happens in between PH and ST.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Another weird thing is when you get enough stamps you get the Sheild of Antiquity, which he even tells you was owned by the Hero of Winds, which means he remembers him, but doesnt acknowledge that youre the same person? But its still cool to see the charecters again:)

The Hero of Winds was WW Link. ST Link and WW Link are not the same person, considering how WW Link would be dead at this point.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
The Hero of Winds was WW Link. ST Link and WW Link are not the same person, considering how WW Link would be dead at this point.
Then explain how Niko is still alive or at least give possible age for ST Niko.

Last edited:

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
to add on the Shield of Antiquity looks nothing the shield WW Link had but then maybe Nintendo will make a game that happens in between PH and ST.
I know its WW Link, I suppose I did word that poorly:P I meant that he doesnt acknowledge that ST Link looks identical to the Hero of Winds from his past adventures.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Then explain how Niko is still alive or at least give possible age for ST Niko.

Niko would have to be over 100 years old. I have absolutely no idea how he lived that long, but it is established that ST takes place about a century after PH, which is the direct sequel to WW. I guess he's just a really healthy old bugger. That, and we don't know the actual average lifespan of a Hylian, so who knows, 100 may not be deathly old to a Hylian in the way it is to a human. But Niko is the only member of the original WW crew that is shown in ST, so it can be assumed all the other Pirates, as well as WW Link, are dead.

I know its WW Link, I suppose I did word that poorly:P I meant that he doesnt acknowledge that ST Link looks identical to the Hero of Winds from his past adventures.

Well, to be fair, he IS old. Either his memory or his eyes could be failing him.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty

Um, no he said this was owned by an old friend of mine. Not that^ And they're not the same people, because WW/PH Linnk is more thank likely dead by this point. But niko must be like invincible because he's a few years older than Link.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
At the time of ST, Niko is the only living member of the gang. (Who is around 110 years old by now.)

ST Link is not WW Link. Tetra is ST Zelda's Grandomther, and that Tetra is now dead.

The Shield of Anquity is probably the one used by WW Link. ST Link also looks almost exactly like WW Link when he shows up in the guard uniform, which is why Niko's "old friend" was referenced, his old friend being WW Link.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I had no idea they were set out to find a land to found New Hyrule! Can you tell me where that info.'s from, I'd like to read it for myself ;)

So Zelda's ancestors founded New Hyrule here in ST ya? If that's the case (it is) then who allowed Chancellor Cole to get into the position of power he is!? Where is the special Impa-trusted-like guardin for this Zelda instead of a damned 2-horn weirdo? (haha)

Also, and I believe this is SPOILERS!, is Tetra this Zelda's ancestor? I had a notion that Tetra was Zelda though in PH? (So Zelda is Zelda's ancestor, right?) I noticed that there is a stained-glass window of Tera in ST in Hyrule Castle - this would only confirm that Tetra, not known to the general populace of this (new) Hyrule, was actually the founder of New Hyrule. Going off of THAT - wouldn't that mean that Tetra would have had to have relations with a man in order to create Zelda, and the man then would be King, which is far greater status than women in history (perhaps not of Hyrulian history!) so instead of Tetra being in that window it should be the window of a King, or atleast a male.

I'm going to try to pin-point my questions:

1. Who left Chancellor Cole in charge, and why?
2. Is Tetra (really Zelda's ancestor, Zelda?) the founder of New Hyrule?
3. In order for procreation to make it's way to have ST take place at all, should not a man, not Tetra, be given the credit to founding New Hyrule in ST?
4. Am I going insane?

Cheers :)

(goes back to ST on DSi)

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
At the time of ST, Niko is the only living member of the gang. (Who is around 110 years old by now.)

ST Link is not WW Link. Tetra is ST Zelda's Grandomther, and that Tetra is now dead.

The Shield of Anquity is probably the one used by WW Link. ST Link also looks almost exactly like WW Link when he shows up in the guard uniform, which is why Niko's "old friend" was referenced, his old friend being WW Link.

Um, thi specific sheild you're talking about was only featured in Pkantom Hourglass, the ONLY Sheild design in the game. But yeah, it would makes sense for niko to recognize him that way.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Going out on a limb and assuming you never played WW? Anyways, a lot of this was explained in WW, as PH is a direct sequel of WW and ST a direct sequel to PH. Tetra is indeed an incarnation of Princess Zelda (she was revealed as Zelda during WW), and she is ST Zelda's grandmother, explicitly confirmed in game at some point I believe. Tetra's crew was charged with the task of finding a new world for Hyrule at the end of WW. Tetra is recognized as the founder of New Hyrule because she was the leader of the Pirate Crew; they prolly founded it together with Tetra taking the lead as the matriarch. I'd think Tetra would hold greater status than any King she would have married, since she WAS the leader of the crew. Besides, given how much influence Princess Zelda always has, and how we've never seen the power balance of an incarnation of Hyrule with both a King and Queen, we have no way of simply assuming that Hyrule is a patriarchy-dominant society. There is no reason a matriarch cannot hold more power than a patriarch, especially when she deserves her position as Tetra did.

In short:
1) Cole disguised himself as a Hylian. Zelda and everyone else had no idea he was a demon, so he slipped in disguised as a trustworthy chancellor. The whole disguise and treachery thing.
2) Tetra is indeed the founder of New Hyrule and ST Zelda's grandmother.
3) Tetra was the leader of her crew. She was held in much higher esteem than the male pirates of her crew.
4) Not at all ;3

Last edited:

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Going out on a limb and assuming you never played WW? Anyways, a lot of this was explained in WW, as PH is a direct sequel of WW and ST a direct sequel to PH. Tetra is indeed an incarnation of Princess Zelda (she was revealed as Zelda during WW), and she is ST Zelda's grandmother, explicitly confirmed in game at some point I believe. Tetra's crew was charged with the task of finding a new world for Hyrule at the end of WW. Tetra is recognized as the founder of New Hyrule because she was the leader of the Pirate Crew; they prolly founded it together with Tetra taking the lead as the matriarch. I'd think Tetra would hold greater status than any King she would have married, since she WAS the leader of the crew. Besides, given how much influence Princess Zelda always has, and how we've never seen the power balance of an incarnation of Hyrule with both a King and Queen, we have no way of simply assuming that Hyrule is a patriarchy-dominant society. There is no reason a matriarch cannot hold more power than a patriarch, especially when she deserves her position as Tetra did.

In short:
1) Cole disguised himself as a Hylian. Zelda and everyone else had no idea he was a demon, so he slipped in disguised as a trustworthy chancellor. The whole disguise and treachery thing.
2) Tetra is indeed the founder of New Hyrule and ST Zelda's grandmother.
3) Tetra was the leader of her crew. She was held in much higher esteem than the male pirates of her crew.
4) Not at all ;3

Haha thanks man (if that's what your avatar's gender is ;) Put to rest my seemingly complicated questions. No, never beat WW and played it many eons ago. I tihnk I'll be playing these games backwards: ST, PH, WW. Should be interesting.

I'll be back here with more questions as time goes on - that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom