• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Spirit Tracks Backstory= Skyward Sword Backstory?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Hey guys. I recently started playing SS again, and I watched the beginning cutscene where they explain how Demise (they refer to him as the Demon King) fought against the powers of good. Demise was said to be sealed. I also started playing ST again recently as well (I often play two or sometimes three zelda games at once), and the beginning cutscene told of a very similar battle between a Demon King, and the spirits of good. I immediately made the connection, and was wondering if anyone thought they could be talking about the same battle??\

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I never thought about that but that actually makes sense, considering ST can after SS(someone else to post in this thread can be more specific)

No likely at all, as how Demise being sealed differs from Malladus being sealed away. Remember Demise was sealed by in the Sealed Ground and destroyed when the Triforce was used in the Era of the Sky. Malladus was sealed by the Spirits of Good in the Tower of Spirit sometime before the New Hyrule era. But the parallels of the story are indeed similar and Demise and Malladus could have some kind of connection.

Malladus can be an incarnation of Ganondorf after Ganondorf died and turned to stone, Demise said his reincarnation would attack the world and attempt to kill Link and Zelda's descendants so Malladus could be a reincarnation.

Fig

The Altruist
It is also possible that Malladus is one of the multiple reincarnations of Demise. Before Demise gets sealed, he states that his reincarnations will keep escaping their realms until they can finally kill Link which we all now that it is impossible for Link has never failed to complete the destined path of the hero.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Malladus can be an incarnation of Ganondorf after Ganondorf died and turned to stone, Demise said his reincarnation would attack the world and attempt to kill Link and Zelda's descendants so Malladus could be a reincarnation.
Malladus was around before Ganondorf was. The two 'reincarnations' would have to exist at the same time, or the demon that was sealed away in ST's backstory isn't strictly speaking the same one that is revived during ST. I don't think these are problems though.

The only issue I see with the OP's theory is the specifics of each story - Malladus being sealed with tracks, etc. I'd say we can dismiss it as an oral legend, but we actually see the tracks in ST, and we see no tracks (besides Groose's lol) in SS.

K

Kaepora

fi tells us that demise appears differently to everyone that sees him and cole in ST is very similar to Ghirahm in SS so is it possible that Malladus is actually Demise the Demon King himself i believe so. not Just an incarnation

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Think about this for a minute. Was there a Tower of Spirits constructed at any point in Skyward Sword to seal Demise? No. Demise died, which wasn't part of Malladus's story. Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks have nothing to do with each other (directly). And, as Locke pointed out, Demise was around before Ganondorf was, so he's not going to be a reincarnation of Demise's hatred to follow Link and Zelda's descendants. Malladus was sealed long before Link, Tetra and the crew discovered the land that became known as New Hyrule -- that is, if that's the real name for it and not a fan-made name -- so saying he has connections to Demise and is following their bloodline is folly. It's really as simple as that.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's an interesting theory, but the problem is that both SS and ST have confirmed places in the timeline (both before and after the new "timeline") that are certainly distinct, and the areas in question are different because of their place on the timeline. The legend in ST definitely takes place in New Hyrule, and the people discussed in it were either settlers of New Hyrule or the native inhabitants of New Hyrule (if there were indeed any).
The more important issue is relevancy; why would the story in ST talk about a battle that does not pertain to it at all? What's more is that SS was early and development and the plot was probably not even determined yet when ST was made, so it's unlikely that they would bother to reference it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom